Synchronization Has Stopped

This is a discussion on Synchronization Has Stopped within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I started getting a message stating "synchronization has stopped" and the phone freezes. A pop-up box then asks me if I want to cancel or ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chimerax

Thread: Synchronization Has Stopped

Synchronization Has Stopped

I started getting a message stating "synchronization has stopped" and the phone freezes. A pop-up box then asks me if I want to cancel or wait for whatever app I'm currently using. I cannot continue unless I select cancel and start over. This situation occurred since I upgraded to ICS but I have no idea if there is a connection. Am using a Skyrocket.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Does the pop up box go in a loop because that happen to me once. All I did was took out the battery for ten seconds and boot it back up. I don't know if that will work for you but at least try?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android.net

This problem occurs when you are using a particular app or it occurs every time? If it occurs every time Android constantly synchronizes with Google so your device is not fully synchronized with Google servers. Removing the battery and booting it up will not solve the problem. Frequently removing the battery to shut down the phone will only affect your device software. When your device is fully synchronized this problem won’t occur. If a particular app causes this problem try reinstalling the app. If the app freezes try to force close and wait for some time but don’t remove the battery and replace it.

synchronization has stopped

This event occurs with numerous apps, email, phone contacts, etc. Happened 3 times today. This only started happening after updating to ICS. Everything stops and I must cancel whatever I'm in to get back. Phone freezes - cannot utilize any buttons - and then a pop-up stating synchronization has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by chimerax View Post
    This problem occurs when you are using a particular app or it occurs every time? If it occurs every time Android constantly synchronizes with Google so your device is not fully synchronized with Google servers. Removing the battery and booting it up will not solve the problem. Frequently removing the battery to shut down the phone will only affect your device software. When your device is fully synchronized this problem wonít occur. If a particular app causes this problem try reinstalling the app. If the app freezes try to force close and wait for some time but donít remove the battery and replace it.
    I know little to nothing about synchronization with Google. How does one get the device to fully synchronize with Google servers? Is there something that I can do?

Thanks for the help...

Quote Originally Posted by JackTo View Post
    When this problem occurs. one think is better for all. This problem is create when you using more application at one time so when it problem occurs just close your all application manually and switch of your phone then remove your battery. after this plug in your battery and start your mobile. i hope you will do it and success.
    I'm advised not to remove battery to resolve this and I fear that I'll affect the software if I do. When this event occurs I am only utilizing one app - not multiple.
    Thanks for the input...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    I'm advised not to remove battery to resolve this and I fear that I'll affect the software if I do. When this event occurs I am only utilizing one app - not multiple.
    Thanks for the input...
    Android phones are always in synchronization with your Google account. Whenever your Android is connected to internet it will synchronize itself to Google account. You don’t need to worry about it. You stated this problem started after ICS update. Then the issue is with ICS. I don’t know any solutions but use some task killer apps like Watchdog Task manager. Task killer apps kill those apps which are trying to use excessive memory. But Watch dog sits silently in the background watching for apps that take up too much of your phones resources, and it will then give you the option of killing the app. I think apps you are using are not compatible with ICS. Check in Google play those apps are compatible with ICS or not. If any app has to be updated to use it with ICS, try it. And download some cache cleaner apps and use it. When your cache memory gets clogged the phone freezes. I hope this helps. If everything fails, back up all your data in PC or online and try to do a factory reset.
    BeeCee likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links