Galaxy S2 - Downgrading to Gingerbread from ICS - Sprint

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 - Downgrading to Gingerbread from ICS - Sprint within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I made the mistake of upgrading from Gingerbread to ICS a couple weeks ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint. I have found ...

Thread: Galaxy S2 - Downgrading to Gingerbread from ICS - Sprint

Galaxy S2 - Downgrading to Gingerbread from ICS - Sprint

I made the mistake of upgrading from Gingerbread to ICS a couple weeks ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint. I have found many tutorials on downgrading, all of which are on the international phone and not for my Sprint phone here in the USA.

I have had several problems that I never had before, including:

The phone is noticeably slower.
    My battery life has been cut in half. It has to be charged at every opportunity and in the event that it can not be charged, it is dead by the afternoon.
    The phone gets very hot all the time. In my pocket, it will burn my leg, even with nothing running.
    On a few occasions, the phone has blacked out, and upon reboot shows a dead battery, when it was just showing 40% just before.
    It has taken away the USB Mass storage so I can not use my phone as a flash drive. IE, I cannot connect it to my PS3 and transfer files.

Those are the main issues I have with it. I really do not like not being able to connect my phone to other devices via USB Mass storage.

I am wondering if anybody has a method of going back to my gingerbread which worked flawlessly. I am tired of this new ICS as on nights when I stay out late, my phone is dead and I am stuck without a way to contact anybody, even though usually I am sure to be fully charged by 7pm, it is dead by 2am.

Any way to go back? I hope I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. It's so bad that I can't even believe they would release something so bad. Hopefully it isn't just me. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Just a quick note- in rereading what I have written, some may be under the impression that the battery is bad. I have swapped the battery with a new one and still have the same issues with battery life.
    Last edited by MikeT; 08-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I made the mistake of upgrading from Gingerbread to ICS a couple weeks ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint. I have found many tutorials on downgrading, all of which are on the international phone and not for my Sprint phone here in the USA.

I have had several problems that I never had before, including:

The phone is noticeably slower.
    My battery life has been cut in half. It has to be charged at every opportunity and in the event that it can not be charged, it is dead by the afternoon.
    The phone gets very hot all the time. In my pocket, it will burn my leg, even with nothing running.
    On a few occasions, the phone has blacked out, and upon reboot shows a dead battery, when it was just showing 40% just before.
    It has taken away the USB Mass storage so I can not use my phone as a flash drive. IE, I cannot connect it to my PS3 and transfer files.

Those are the main issues I have with it. I really do not like not being able to connect my phone to other devices via USB Mass storage.

I am wondering if anybody has a method of going back to my gingerbread which worked flawlessly. I am tired of this new ICS as on nights when I stay out late, my phone is dead and I am stuck without a way to contact anybody, even though usually I am sure to be fully charged by 7pm, it is dead by 2am.

Any way to go back? I hope I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. It's so bad that I can't even believe they would release something so bad. Hopefully it isn't just me. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Just a quick note- in rereading what I have written, some may be under the impression that the battery is bad. I have swapped the battery with a new one and still have the same issues with battery life.
    No your not the only one. I am getting the same problems as you, and it looks like many others are as well. I am also looking for a way to downgrade but cant find an easy guide.

ICS is a bag of 5h1t IMO.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links