Buying an Android- Need Help Picking a Carrier!

This is a discussion on Buying an Android- Need Help Picking a Carrier! within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I'm a student hoping to buy myself an Android phone, but I don't know what would be best for me. Essentially, I know I want ...

Thread: Buying an Android- Need Help Picking a Carrier!

Buying an Android- Need Help Picking a Carrier!

I'm a student hoping to buy myself an Android phone, but I don't know what would be best for me.

Essentially, I know I want unlimited texting, I don't need many voice minutes, and as far as data goes, a decent amount.

Do you guys know what the cheapest plan would be for my needs? My two best options seem to be TMobile or Sprint, but if another carrier is better, PLEASE lemme know. I really appreciate your help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You might want to consider prepaid since you are a student. Boost, Virgin are on Sprint. Tmobile has a pretty good ppd plan. The ppd carriers are getting decent Android phones now.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2
    Samsng Galaxy Note 2 (i317) IOAP ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Resurrection ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Liquid Smooth Kitkat 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Deleterious ROM 4.1.2

I'd prefer a monthly plan, so I can reap the benefits of a contract. I have an income that can support it, so I figured I'd go for that.
    Unless the costs outweigh the benefits? I'll go ahead and admit this is my first time getting a phone/plan that was separate from my parents' family plan. So I'm very new to all this.

pBe sure to check the availalecarriersin the rea where you wllbe going toschool and then pick the plan offered that will suit yourneeds.

+1 to what Theshadow suggests. A cheap plan won't do you any good if your coverage is lacking. Go with the carrier that had the best coverage in your area, THEN choose a plan. You should also really consider a prepaid plan. Both Virgin and Boost offer unlimited everything plans for around 50 bucks month and these days offer some nice high end smartphones. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

tap'n

+2 what both have suggested. Also keep in mind of not only coverage in the area outside but make sure phone works inside your residence. Nothing worse than going outdoors just to have to talk. Then see about data speed and other perks.

I switched to prepaid service just because I got tired of poor customer service and increasing plan fees for very little in return. I don't use my phones enough to justify what I was paying. I just got a Virgin prepaid phone that gives me 1500 minutes a month plus, for about $15 to $20 less each month. So far, it has been the best bargain I've received from any of the carriers. I have not had any customer service issues so far with Virgin, nor have they raised my monthly charges, and I have a phone that works. So, I'm satisfied, for my purposes.

It would be better if you go for prepaid... Some of the postpaid has a hidden charges and you will just be shocked that your bill is bigger than what you expected.

Verizon. Especially if you will purchase a device that is 4G LTE capable. The 4G LTE markets cover pretty much the entire US at this point. The coverage, reliability, and speed is pretty much unbeatable. You get what you pay for when it comes to carriers. I've been through all of them.

I have to agree with cat in this one. Verizons 4G is absolutely amazing! I just updated the game DeadTrigger with 149mb update and it downloaded in less than a minute and a half. Tough to beat the speed of Verizons LTE network. :thumbup:

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links