Transferring Data-One Mobile to Other

This is a discussion on Transferring Data-One Mobile to Other within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my wife is using Galaxy S3. Now, we want to exchange phone. Can anyone please guide me ...

Thread: Transferring Data-One Mobile to Other

Transferring Data-One Mobile to Other

Hi,
    I am using Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my wife is using Galaxy S3. Now, we want to exchange phone. Can anyone please guide me how should I transfer apps (with all the data in it) and other data (including phone contacts, calendars, SMS) from Nexus to S3 and similarly from S3 to Nexus? I know I can transfer contacts and calendar by sync with gmail. But, not sure other apps and data. Please let me know a simple and easy way as I am not technical person.
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First question I will ask is are these devices rooted? Because as you know, being an Android user, each device requires a Google account to activate. If you are rooted then it's just a matter of copying the .APK files to a notebook computer then transferring them to the other device. Another option is(if rooted) use a file manager such as Root Explorer to transfer them by way of BlueTooth.

Thanks for replying whistler7. I have google account and it is sync, but don't know what you mean by rooted? Sorry, I am not an IT person and very poor in these technical terms. Can you please try to explain me in simple terms, what do I need to do to root? How to copy then those .APK file to notebook and transfer it back to other device? Your detailed reply will help me a lot.

Thanks

Ok. if you're not rooted or familiar with it, it's probably best that we try another way. Both phones may allow you to set up another
    gmail account. Try to set up your account on the S3 and vice versa. Then it should just be a matter of redowmloading the apps.

In addition, if you're interested in going beyond just the basic knowledge of Android I would suggest you frequent forums such as this and scour the net. There is a wealth of info out there and the Android platform is so robust and ever advancing. I see that you're new to Android.net so welcome and good luck with The Nexus and S3.

GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links