Jelly Bean Flash Alternatives? Delaying Update!

This is a discussion on Jelly Bean Flash Alternatives? Delaying Update! within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello forum! I''ll not make this a rant :-) however I'm the proud owner of a galaxy s3, so powerful and with the screen makes ...

Thread: Jelly Bean Flash Alternatives? Delaying Update!

Question Jelly Bean Flash Alternatives? Delaying Update!

Hello forum!

I''ll not make this a rant :-) however I'm the proud owner of a galaxy s3, so powerful and with the screen makes for the best web browsing I have seen on a mobile, flash is a must for me and that was the deciding factor in choosing android over rivals. I now know if I was to update to jelly bean flash support is removed. I understand if I have it installed befor then update to 4.1 I will have flash but it will have no updates available in the future and may not work as intended.

Many full websites use flash, being a builder I need flash for access to older sites menus forms ect and they'll not be changing or releasing apps any time soon and then there is embedded videos, full youtube is a must as well, the mobile sight and app has very limited content,

So what options do I have? Are there any apps to takeover from flash, use the same codes or convert flash content so my phone can*display*flash video, banners, games and menus. It just makes this powerfull phone less use to me than my old Nokia x6.... I can live with no java but no flash is madness!

Thanks for any help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Flash will not have any updates at all, no matter if you upgrade or not. The reason it's not supported in v2.1 is because Adobe abandoned Android, the only mobile OS that supported Flash. Now, no mobile OS can support it. However, you can find a ripped APK of Flash Player and use it in v2.1. It may not be 100% stable as it should be, but that's the best you can get.

If you want to upgrade, I can fetch the ripped APK for you. And explain how to install it.

---
    Good to be back to the ol' Android.net

When people run in circles,
    It's a very, very mad world.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Websites will slowly adapt to HTML5, but that'll take time.

---

Tears for Fears

Dam, thanks for the reply, can't help but think it's a move to make mobile device's separate from full os even tho the hardware can handle it. I'll hold back on jelly bean for now so I have full use of flash until it becomes outdated or something is sorted out I can't understand why there sent more fuss being made about this.

Just because mobile OSes don't support Flash, it doesn't mean they're less full. Android still can do pretty much everything you can do on PCs. (And more) Flash itself is outdated, old technology, the only reason to use Flash would be because many websites still rely on this old technology and since it's so widely used, making a change will take some time. It's probably for the best, if there's no Flash, websites will move on faster in this change.

Also, the ripped APK is full and can do everything regular Flash can do. It's actually the samr thing, the difference is that the ripped APK is not designed for newer Android version and may not work 100% fluently, meaning that there's a slightly higher chance that a video (based on Flash) may have a lag or another.

---

Tears for Fears

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links