Roms compatibility

This is a discussion on Roms compatibility within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Does any roms (the programs wich change OS) compatible or fit with any tablet?...what would happen if I install a new OS ( I dont ...

Thread: Roms compatibility

Arrow Roms compatibility

Does any roms (the programs wich change OS) compatible or fit with any tablet?...what would happen if I install a new OS ( I dont want eclair...i want Honeycomb...) it would brick it? or just the program wont install the OS without problems? Im sick of see diferent post...some say that any rom can be in any tablet (Android adventages) others...say that ypu need a kind of compatibility, I dont understand if that brick or not my tablet...and i dont understand with what hardware rewiev my tablet need to install the rom....Kernel, model of my tablet...the size of my screen??

Is a pandigital e reader 9 inches with seems the eclair is for PHONES! and not for tablet...some options say things stats etc..and its very slow :S

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    Hello Acosta, and welcome to the forum. I'm not a technician (as anyone who's followed my posts can attest), however I've been around the android operating system for three years now and can make an observation. It is suicidal to even think of installing a rom that is not designed for your unit. The result of doing so, if you're lucky, would be a messy and time consuming recovery. The more likely result would be that you turned your unit into a paper weight/door stop.

On some of the other forums that I moderate we have had people with, say, an AT&T phone who want to go from Gingerbread to Ice-cream Sandwich on their phone. AT&T hasn't released the 4.0 upgrade for their phone, so they grab an update designed for the international version and apply it. They end up with a hard bricked, permanently broken phone - and there's nothing they can do to fix it except to buy a new phone. You should exercise EXTREME caution before you plunk just any old rom onto your unit.

EDIT: If you enter this - pandigital ereader - into Google Search, you'll a number of entries, among which is this one - - which MAY be useful to you, but I make no guarantees or recomendations about how effective it is - you're on your own my friend.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 11-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links