Android ROM src doc's?

This is a discussion on Android ROM src doc's? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; After a 4 year break doing system engineering Iím getting back to doing some development. I have started to do some Android app development, creating ...

Thread: Android ROM src doc's?

Android ROM src doc's?

After a 4 year break doing system engineering Iím getting back to doing some development. I have started to do some Android app development, creating some services, and broadcast receivers. Now I want to better understand the internals of Android and have a specific task also in mind. What I canít seem to find is any type of Android ROM documentation of say the code. Like what directories or what etc. I have downloaded the android src and compiled it for 4.1.2 and have an older developer phone a Nexus S so have download the binaries also. What I canít find is an explanation of what code is what. Looking on the net I canít seem to find anything but directions to compile and install the new ROM. Fine I need that but there is a lot of code to the look through and figure out without some type of documentation.

What Iím specifically looking at is how new apps are down loaded and installed in the phone. Iím looking to modify that to only allow the installation of apps signed by a specific set of CAís.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hello captfrank - welcome to the forum!

What you probably need to do is find a bunch of android rom developers and hang around with them. You may have more luck with XDA Developers Forum, located here - Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers Those guys are very simply THE BEST at developing custom roms and themes for the Android System. A word of caution though: Read their rules, and re-read them, because these guys are very intense and humorless. Do not make any posts until you've read and understand the rules, otherwise you'll get flamed to know end.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

UltraDroid. Thanks for the pointer. I have used XDA Developers Forum before when learning droid app development and you are right those guys are brutal. Itís almost like a forum for experts not people trying to learn as like you say they flame people for asking questions they think are stupid.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links