My Cricket Data Usage Not Being Tracked Properly, and Sometimes Not at All

This is a discussion on My Cricket Data Usage Not Being Tracked Properly, and Sometimes Not at All within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I just got a new phone 2 days ago with Cricket. It's the Alcatel Authority 2.3 Android with the Muve Music Plan for 50 bucks ...

Thread: My Cricket Data Usage Not Being Tracked Properly, and Sometimes Not at All

My Cricket Data Usage Not Being Tracked Properly, and Sometimes Not at All

I just got a new phone 2 days ago with Cricket. It's the Alcatel Authority 2.3 Android with the Muve Music Plan for 50 bucks for this month. This comes with unlimited talk, text, and Muve Music downloads, which are included with the plan. I have 1GB of data for the internet. I used the internet a lot all weekend not at one time on my phone, and things that would run my data usage down. However, my data usage is still at the same level at the end of Saturday, and I've browsed the internet here and there and have went on a bunch of web pages. This morning, Sunday, the data usage went from 10% to 40% only because i ran a radio app that came installed on my phone all night, forgot to close it and that links to the web. It started with 1024 mb, It has gone to 10 percent and stopped and took awhile to go up in percentage on the data usage counter on My Cricket account. I am not running wi fi. I have wifi disabled. I'm usin 3g. What does the data usage plan include exactly? Internet and what else, if anything? Should the data increase when you run apps that connect to the internet, which I have, but that has not affected the counter that much? Or, when you listen to streaming radio apps from your phone? Do watching videos on youtube use data, but how exactly does Cricket keep up with counting my data usage, because it does not seem acurate? Regular website browsing has not increased my data use percentage only leaving that radio app on all night only made it jump to 40%. Maybe I can get away with extra free data? I would just like to know if there is a delay in my data usage counter in my account becsuse next week I don't want to log on and see that it has gone over and slowed the network down. Sorry for the ling post just don't understand what is going on with my data usage not being tracked properly. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry for the spelling errors, still getting used to this touch screen on my 2nd Android lol. My last android was through Straight talk and that had unlimited data, so I am not used to how data counting works.

Sent from my ADR3010 using Android.net

I'm sorry but Cricket still sucks. Remeber, it's a CHEAP alternative to other carriers - CHEAP. That's what you get.

I've noticed differences in 'tracked' items before, with different services, so I just figured out that if I really want to monitor things, I have to make the effort myself. It was quite surprising the first time though. My current service has a statement on the website that warns that data usage may not be timely. This warning is also listed elsewhere, so they won't take responsibility for the end user relying on the info. Like most things, you have to assume responsibility to keep on top of matters.

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Almost all apps on your phone will use data in some way... streaming music, watching videos etc. I've grown fond of an app called "My Data Manager." It's free and no matter what company you are on it tracks your data instantly. You can set your monthly limit, start date/end date etc. Every time you use anything that utilizes the internet it is automatically reported through the app... Something to look into because Verizon's tracking was off most of the time also.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links