"Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back.

This is a discussion on "Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back. within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have never had a smart phone before about 6 months ago - and finally got used to this one. Anyway, I was prompted for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back.

"Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back.

I have never had a smart phone before about 6 months ago - and finally got used to this one.
    Anyway, I was prompted for a software update yesterday evening. Didn't think much of it, hit update, waited the ~15mins and reboot time.
    Nevertheless, I was SHOCKED when the phone was functional again:
    It was literally like a whole new phone. I made a list and could name NUMEROUS things I absolutely hated about it. I am an incredibly particular person as well (and obsessive compulsive.) Notably, the OK and Cancel buttons were flipped in various screens - WHO DESIGNED THIS AND CHANGES SUCH IMPORTANT BUTTONS ??
    I was very close to throwing my phone out the car window.

Well the next day I immediately went to one local Verizon store, which informed me there was nothing they could do. I just wanted to go back in time, and erase the update I had done!!! Shouldn't be THAT difficult.....!!
    He gave me LG customer service number, even though the problem seemed to be a DROID operating system one. This was ruining my day. I called and was told they could do nothing also. I told him I was smashing my phone and hung up.
    I then proceeded to go to yet another local Verizon store, and after hearing my story the very helpful gentleman informed me that he too hated the new update and knew how to switch back (after doing so on his phone.) He stated that he could not do it for me though.

I got informed I was running a program called Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.1 but that had now been changed to Jelly Bean v. 4.0.4.
    He instructed me to search on google and find the executable ICS file, and download it. This would allow me to install and "flash" back to previous version.
    I read the file was approx 384MB so quite large. I also saw some directions online that required a computer to download, go into the downloaded folder, then eventually transfer to phone via USB cable - he mentioned nothing of this....?!?!

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING & SEARCHING online for hours now but cannot find this fricking program to download. I don't want to involve a computer, just want to download directly on my phone. Can someone please LINK ME a file sharing program or website that I can begin this download from ???
    It is now 9PM and I almost feel like I've wasted an entire day. I have searched every term under the sun:
    how to download ice cream sandwich
    download ice cream sandwich android
    lg lucid download ice cream sandwich
    ice cream sandwich software for lg lucid
    ice cream sandwich rom lg lucid
    droid ice cream sandwich program file
    ice cream sandwich version 4.0
    download ice cream sandwich 4.0
    where to download ice cream sandwich from
    where can i download ice cream sandwich 4.0
    help finding ice cream sandwich 4.0
    droid ice cream sandwich for lg lucid
    Plus about 30 others, going through about 10 google pages on each term. FRUSTRATING AS HELL.

Thanks for all your help folks - and UP YOURS Android Jellybean developers, your program sucks!!!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    GoCliffGo

Haha most people like the JB update what phone do you have? You should be able to flash the stock android version back... yes I know this isn't helpful but if I know your phone I can find you the files/instructions.

Edit: also you will most likely (99.9% sure) need to use a computer for this type of action.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GoCliffGo05; 11-28-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thank you so much for the insight.
    I have the LG Lucid 4G sir.
    Appreciate it!!!!

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Who is your carrier?

Verizon

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    You said that, just realized it, sorry. Back shortly with what i find.

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Not finding a ton... you said you were upgraded to 4.0.4?? That's still ICS.. Go to settings - about phone and read me the Android Version and the System Version.

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Alright... i think i found out how to get you back to Gingerbread... if that's what you were referring to.... It was 2.3... and it's the operating system that comes before ICS because the LG Lucid did not receive the JB update. Remember I do not have a LG Lucid and I nor Android.net take any responsibility for what you do with your phone. Use this at your own risk.

That being said this should work. You will need a computer though.

1.) Download this file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40093877/VS....P58014.R5.cab

Then use the instructions from here: http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-t...-lg-lucid.html You will probably need to install the drivers and download the actual program but Don't use the .cab file linked here because this will be ICS. Use the file in 1.) above. The steps should be the same... Also keep in mind that all personal information may be lost in doing this...

If you feel uncomfortable doing this, wait for another opinion. However after searching everywhere i can think of this is the only file I can find that should do what you're asking.
    Last edited by GoCliffGo05; 11-28-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Good work Cliff!
    GoCliffGo05 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Good work Cliff!
    If it works like it should. It's really the only info out there for the Lucid... Another person claimed it worked for them, so I'm assuming it's what is needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links