PC App to Organize Home Screens?

This is a discussion on PC App to Organize Home Screens? within the Android Forum forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Title pretty much says it all. Rather than having to fiddle around with a phone sized screen and pushing icons all over the place (and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: PC App to Organize Home Screens?

PC App to Organize Home Screens?

Title pretty much says it all. Rather than having to fiddle around with a phone sized screen and pushing icons all over the place (and into folders), does anyone make a PC (WIndows) product that would allow me to manipulate screens and icons from a nice, big monitor?

TIA.
    Last edited by StrongEagle; 03-06-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Add email response

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: PC App to Organize Home Screens?

You want to organize the phone's screen from a PC? What phone do you have? I don't get how organizing on the phone itself could be a problem.

I don't think there's a program for that, but there is a program to control your phone through the PC. It's called Android Screencast.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    You want to organize the phone's screen from a PC? What phone do you have? I don't get how organizing on the phone itself could be a problem.

I don't think there's a program for that, but there is a program to control your phone through the PC. It's called Android Screencast.
    Samsung GS II, I9100, international version, Android 4.04, GO Launcher EX. It is much easier to view all home screens and available apps on one large monitor than shuffling back and forth on the phone screen.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: PC App to Organize Home Screens?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongEagle View Post
    Samsung GS II, I9100, international version, Android 4.04, GO Launcher EX. It is much easier to view all home screens and available apps on one large monitor than shuffling back and forth on the phone screen.
    The OS itself was designed for 4 to 5 inches. You'll find it awkward on a large screen and in my opinion, moving them around with a finger is faster than with a mouse pointer. Plus, there are several ways of adding apps, if you don't want to scroll the pages, you can simply go to the edit mode and delete the unorganized pages and add fresh ones, takes about 5 seconds. Then pull the apps from the app drawer and you'll be able to choose the page without the need to scroll through them.

But I think you should have bought a tablet instead.

Other than that, you can try the Screencast program. I don't think that there are any other programs that could do this.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    The OS itself was designed for 4 to 5 inches. You'll find it awkward on a large screen and in my opinion, moving them around with a finger is faster than with a mouse pointer. Plus, there are several ways of adding apps, if you don't want to scroll the pages, you can simply go to the edit mode and delete the unorganized pages and add fresh ones, takes about 5 seconds. Then pull the apps from the app drawer and you'll be able to choose the page without the need to scroll through them.

But I think you should have bought a tablet instead.

Other than that, you can try the Screencast program. I don't think that there are any other programs that could do this.
    Ahhh.. now I understand the confusion. No, I'm not looking for an app to actually run the phone from my PC. I am using Wondershare MobilGo to manage apps, send SMS'es, etc. What I was looking for is a something that would show all of my home screens plus a list of apps so that I could customize my home screens. iTunes allows something like this... a way to easily organize the apps from a PC.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongEagle View Post
    Ahhh.. now I understand the confusion. No, I'm not looking for an app to actually run the phone from my PC. I am using Wondershare MobilGo to manage apps, send SMS'es, etc. What I was looking for is a something that would show all of my home screens plus a list of apps so that I could customize my home screens. iTunes allows something like this... a way to easily organize the apps from a PC.

Cheers.
    This is exactly what I've been looking for! Any luck tracking something down?

Do anybody know of a program to organize icons from the pc ?

Welcome to the forum kenny28! Sorry, I've never heard of one. Hang in there and hopefully someone will have heard of one.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links