Wait...so the Moto Backflip emulates games well?

This is a discussion on Wait...so the Moto Backflip emulates games well? within the Android Games forums, part of the Android Applications category; I thought SNES, GBC, NES etc. emulators ran slow and laggy on this phone, am I wrong?...

Thread: Wait...so the Moto Backflip emulates games well?

Wait...so the Moto Backflip emulates games well?

I thought SNES, GBC, NES etc. emulators ran slow and laggy on this phone, am I wrong?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

No. I used SNes and it worked pretty damn good. Way better than on my blackberry. Hardly no lag, sometimes it had sound issues but that was ok with me.

Sound issues? Give me an example...I hear if you turn sound up, it will be laggy, does that mean when its all the way up or if there is sound period no matter where the bar is?

Also, in your opinion which emulators run perfectly?

The emulators work fine. They work as expected because they are emulating hardware. Even if you run emulators on a PC, nothing is perfect. Some games run better than others. Same goes for the phone.

Try it out. The SNESoid and the GENSIOD work good. The C64 Emulator Frodo works good for the most part.

Sometimes with emulators you need to mess with the sound options. Sometimes certain games with work, but the sound will be horrible. That is when you disable the sound.

I have tested over 200 games (SNES ROMS) on the SNESiod and it is excellent, but like I said, some games work better than others. You might need to tweak certain games in the emulator settings.

All I really play is Pokemon on Gameboid but I can tell you those run great.

The SNES emulator works fine for the most part, Genesis (Mega Drive) works pretty much perfectly, Game Boy games are emulated pretty much perfectly, NES works very well, and for slower RPGs like Final Fantasy, Advanced Wars or Fire Emblem the GBA emulation works incredibly well. The main drawback to emulation that I've noticed is that the Backflip's keyboard is pretty terrible for fast paced games, but RPGs and the like should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntuser View Post
    The SNES emulator works fine for the most part, Genesis (Mega Drive) works pretty much perfectly, Game Boy games are emulated pretty much perfectly, NES works very well, and for slower RPGs like Final Fantasy, Advanced Wars or Fire Emblem the GBA emulation works incredibly well. The main drawback to emulation that I've noticed is that the Backflip's keyboard is pretty terrible for fast paced games, but RPGs and the like should work just fine.
    on-screen d-pad and buttons are wonderful btw. look in your options.

Ads