Custom icons by Garemlin

This is a discussion on Custom icons by Garemlin within the Android Graphics forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Custom icons by Garemlin Some of you may have seen (and even used) my sets of custom icons over on Droid Forums and Droid X ...

Thread: Custom icons by Garemlin

Twitter
    garemlin

Custom icons by Garemlin

Custom icons by Garemlin

Some of you may have seen (and even used) my sets of custom icons over on Droid Forums and Droid X Fourums. Well I thought I would post them over here for more to use. I have made four sets. All icons are sized 72x72. Aluminum border, black ibox style, blue ibox style and smoke glass. The ibox and smoke glass sets were originally started by DF member Matth3w. I just continued with what he started by creating my own different icons based on his templates. The aluminum set is my own creation. My sets currently have 135 icons of all different types. There are stock Droid, stock Droid X, stock Sense 2.1, market apps and some for fun. Should be something for all tastes. Use a few or use them all. Here is an example from each set:

All sets are complete. I have revised the original set with some requested additions and some removals of unnecessary icons. Download links are at the bottom of this post. This is a list of all of the icons in the set and that will be included in the other three. Take a look and LMK if I have missed any commonly used apps and I will add them when time allows.

You will need to purchase Bettercut from the market to use these icons.

LAUNCHERPRO DOCK, ADVANCE TASK KILLER, ADVANCE TASK MANAGER, AIM, ALARM, AMAZON, AP MOBILE, ASTRID, ASTRO, BANK OF AMERICA, BARCODE SCANNER, BETTERCUT, BLOO, BLUETOOTH, BROWSER, BUZZOFF, BUBBLE LEVEL, CALCULATOR (2), CALENDAR, CAR HOME, CHOMP SMS, CLOCK, COLORNOTE, CONTACTS, DEATHSTAR, DOCS TO GO, DOLPHIN (3), DROIDLIGHT, EASY TETHER, EBAY, EBUDDY, EMAIL, FACEBOOK, FANDANGO, FENNEC, FIREFOX, FOXNEWS, GAMEBOID, GAMES (2), GEARS OF WAR (2), GENSOID, GMAIL, GOOGLE EARTH, GOOGLE GOGGLES, GOOGLE SKY MAPS, HANDSCENT, HOMESWITCHER, IHEARTRADIO, IMDB, IMUSIC, INDEED, LAST FM, MAPS, MARKET, METAMORPH, MOVIES, MUSIC, MYSPACE, NEWS, NOTES, OPERA, PANDORA, PAYPAL, PDANET, PHONE DIALER, PHOTOBUCKET, PHOTOSHOP, PICSAY, PLACES DIRECTORY, PASX4DROID, QUICK SETTINGS, RINGDROID, SCANNER RADIO, SENSE 2.1 ALARM CLOCK, SENSE 2.1 BROWSER, SENSE 2.1 CALENDAR, SENSE 2.1 CALCULATOR, SENSE 2.1 CAMERA, SENSE 2.1 CONTACTS, SENSE 2.1 PHONE DIALER, SENSE 2.1 GALLERY, SENSE 2.1 MAIL, SENSE 2.1 SMS, SENSE 2.1 WEATHER, SET CPU, SHAZAM (2), SHOP SAVVY, SIRIUS, SKYFIRE, SLACKER RADIO, SMS, SNESOID, SPEED TEST, SPORTSTAP, STOP WATCH, TAPATALK (2), TEMP MONITOR, THE WEATHER CHANNEL, TIP CALC, TOUITEUR, TV.COM, TWIDROID, TWITTER, UNIT CONVERTER, USA TODAY, VOICE DIALER, WEATHERBUG, WHERE, WIKIPEDIA, X-BROWSER, X-CALENDAR, X-CALCULATOR, X-CAMCORDER, X-CAMERA, X-CAR DOCK, X-CONTACTS, X-PHONE DIALER, X-EMAIL, XM RADIO, XSCOPE, YELLOWPAGES, YELP, YOUTUBE, ZEDGE, ZILLOW

I have also included something a little special. I have created matching custom dock trays for use with LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up. Each icon set will have it's own matching custom dock and it is in the same folder as the icons. Here is the aluminum dock tray.

Here are all of the instructions that you should need. Any questions or issues feel free to ask.

Instructions for using icons

-Download the icon zip file to your pc or phone and unzip it
    -Create a folder on your SD card named icons or my icons and move the unzipped icon folder to that folder
    -Download Bettercut from the market. It costs $1.99
    -Select an icon from your app tray that you would like to use one of the icons with
    -Long press the icon to place it on your home screen
    -Open Bettercutand click "Edit Shortcut"
    -Look for and click the stock icon that you want to change in the list
    -Click "change icon"
    -Click "pick picture"
    -Scroll to and click the folder that has the icons and pick the icon you want to use
    -Click the icon that you want to use
    -Click "create"

Your new icon will now be on your home screen. This does not permanently change the icon. If you decide you don't want to use the icon anymore just long press it and drag it to your app tray.

NOTE: If you are using LauncherPro you must go back to your stock home and place the icons you want to change there. It will not work if you place the stock on your screens while in LauncherPro. To get back to your stock home click menu>setting>applications>manage applications>launcherpro>clear defaults.

Instructions for using the custom LauncherPro app tray.
    This is for use when using LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up only. It is available as a free download in the market.

-Click menu button
    -Click preferences
    -Click appearance settings
    -Click Dock Background and choose custom
    -Open the folder containing the LauncherPro dock tray - It is in the same folder that icons are in
    -Click the custom dock
    -Back out to your home screen and there it is

Here is the first set of icons and included dock tray available for download. The aluminum set. The other three sets will be coming shortly. Enjoy!!!

If you like my icons, feel free to show some appreciation and hit the THANKS button.

Download links:
    AluminumIcons72x72_v2.zip

BlackIcons72x72.zip

BlueIcons72x72.zip

SmokeGlass72x72.zip

I have no problems sharing these icons with all of the members here. But please don't take them and pass them around on other sites while taking credit for them. I have already caught someone doing that with one of my earlier sets.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    Really nice! Lots of icons.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Garemlin: Do you have to be logged into DF for the pictures to show on here? Currently they do not show for me.
    Android Phone(s): Droid2 - Droid RAZR Android Tablet(s): Augen Gentouch78 - Pandigital Novel 7" Rooted - Motorola Xoom
    Android Tablets I want: Any Android 3.0 Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by feverhost View Post
    Garemlin: Do you have to be logged into DF for the pictures to show on here? Currently they do not show for me.
    I think it is becasue he back linked them to another set of forums, I dont see them eaither and when I try to click on one it takes me to the droid x forums and then wants me to log in. I might be wrong guess ill log in over there to find out.

Twitter
    droidforums
    The images should be working now for all of ya!

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    Mine still do not show up. Hmmmm....

But I already saw them. I downloaded the icons to look at them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    I grabbed them yesterday in another thread.
    Thanks for them

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Twitter
    garemlin
    Sorry about that guys. I just copied my thread from DXF. Didn't think about the fact I have the pics in my gallery over there.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Hey Garemlin, I addded these to my Icon Repository post if that's ok.

Icon Pack Repository

Twitter
    garemlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Hey Garemlin, I addded these to my Icon Repository post if that's ok.

Icon Pack Repository
    No problem. Doesn't hurt to have them in two different places.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links