The next step in transparency -

This is a discussion on The next step in transparency - within the Android Graphics forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Being a new forum and having members from all across the board I figured I would post this here also - you might not know ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mountaineerndixie

Thread: The next step in transparency -

Twitter
    androiddotnet

The next step in transparency -

Being a new forum and having members from all across the board I figured I would post this here also - you might not know jatx2wne but he is here, an Official D/F and android.net themer - he has had a major part in making a lot of the Android system and data apps transparent ie: you can see your wallpaper as opposed to the black or white background that the application normally would use -

So what's next you ask, we've seen everything from the pulldown notification panel to the contacts.apk get a transparent makeover, and more recently Team Inversion Conversion has taken on an entire slew of applications which can all be seen here > transparent applications < and made them transparent

Well last night jatx2wne contacted me with his newest findings – with some tweaks to the framework-res.apk he was able to direct every application that draws from the frameworks background to that of transparency, including the settings.apk, music.apk, root explorer.apk, tapatalk.apk, and so much more, so almost every application pulls from your wallpaper, I took some video of it with my live wallpaper running in the background...keep in mind it works just as good with a still photo wallpaper

Here it is in action - on Gingerbread of course :D

...and remember with everything new there are always some tweaks to be worked out – but lets keep our fingers crossed that this comes into full play

– and let’s keep an eye on jatx2wne

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wow thats very cool!!! I think i may give it a shot. does it lag the phone down any.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WE ARE HERE!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by x-tac23 View Post
    wow thats very cool!!! I think i may give it a shot. does it lag the phone down any.
    Since Android's UI isn't GPU accelerated, my guess is it would.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thats what I thought. still a cool feature
    IF YOU NEED HELP WE ARE HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by x-tac23 View Post
    I havent noticed any issues with performance all this mod is doing is exchanging a black background with a transparent one and basically having your wallpaper always be shown. Tp is the only other person I have givn the file to and he hasnt said anything about it affecting performance. Currently the bugs I have encountered are too major to post anything but this is definitely something I truly hope to get fully functional.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    It doesn't slow down performance at all - if the video looks laggy it is because it is using the application "shootme's" new frameration/video setting - so the video comes from within, but as jatx said, it still has some bugs - fingers crossed that they get worked out, but in the meantime I am rockin' it

Android Lurker mountaineerndixie's Avatar
    tp....I just worry that if you continue on your pursuit of transparency that one day you will become invisible and you will never be able to come back!!! lol
    tp76 and Dorian like this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links