SenseUI or no SenseUI

This is a discussion on SenseUI or no SenseUI within the Android Graphics forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I know there are a lot of people that LOVE HTC's proprietary SenseUI, myself being one of them... but I also know that there are ...

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC's SenseUI

18 85.71%
  • Standard Android "vanilla" UI

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SenseUI or no SenseUI

SenseUI or no SenseUI

I know there are a lot of people that LOVE HTC's proprietary SenseUI, myself being one of them... but I also know that there are some people that prefer the standard vanilla UI from Android (I'll never understand why). Well, good news for the latter group of people: The soon to be coolest phone ever released (HTC EVO 4G) has the ability to run without SenseUI.

Here is a video demonstrating how to shut it off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSXHJRLppU]YouTube - Sprint Evo 4G without Sense[/ame]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Indeed that is cool. I like to try everything, so this is awesome.

SenseUI all the way. I was just reading on a sight where people were complaining about SenseUI. Saying all it does is slow down the phone and if google wanted it that way they would have made it that way. This must be people who dont use android phones. I love being able to customize my phone any way i want to and not be locked into what someone elce thinks is great. Dare i say it...thats why i love android instead of iphone. Yea i said it

jak I agree with you completely. The biggest selling point for Android over iPhone for me is the ability to fully customize the phone. Whether you like senseUI, vanilla, or one of the MANY custom UIs that you can install, there is BOUND to be one that suits everyone's needs. It's funny, my friend has a Hero and he HATED it, until I showed him how to customize it. He's had it for months and still had it set up with the default Sprint scene. He had no idea he could change it up until I showed him and now that he's customized it, he loves his phone. I have my EVO set up perfectly for me, everything is exactly where I want it and it's seamless. I have a scene for work and a scene for play. Have fun trying to do that on an iPhone

The video shows him having to select Launcher each time, but would he still have to do that if he rebooted the phone? Then the Sense UI program would be installed, but not LOADED. Just curious, I can't see any advantage to turning off Sense UI, unless I was hot to get 2.2 and didn't want to wait for HTC to update.

If you set launcher as the default then you only have to do it once.

I just disabled sense and installed LauncherPro, it's so much smoother than sense.

Ok i gave launcherpro a go and i really liked how you access the apps. The way they almost zoom onto the screen and jump off when you close (really cool). For me though i still like sence and thats what i decided to go with. Thank you android for the choices you give us that allow you to have a phone that can be as custom to ourselves as we want it

I switched back to Sense today for the time being, I got tired of the force closes and widget issues with LauncherPro. I still have it in my phone but I'm not using it. Once the dev gets everything ironed out I will definitely switch back to LauncherPro.

I went back to launcherpro. The dev is incredibly responsive and it hasn't had an FC or any other problems since the last update. I like sense a lot but after using launcherpro, i can't comfortably use it anymore. I tried a bunch of other launchers the past couple days and I really think launcherpro is dramatically better than all of them, including sense.

As some of you may have read, I recently went through a divorce (Samsung Intercept) and got married immediately after (HTC Hero). As such, I've had the opportunity to have initial contact with the default launcher and Sense UI in a very short period of time.

The standard launcher is clean and works well. There is little that Sense UI can do that the standard launcher cannot, even though it has three pages as opposed to Sense's seven.

One thing I prefer about the Sense UI is not the UI itself, but HTC's large number of included widgets. It would be nice to have a way to plan pages without having to deal with trial and error, though.

One suggestion I have is to place any widgets on a page before you get to the icons, especially if you don't know how much space the widget takes up. Some of the HTC ones are full page! It's sad, too, since they don't have to be. Some of it's just sizzle and no steak, like the Messaging widget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links