This is a discussion on Software Engineer within the Android Job Board forums, part of the Android Classifieds category; Job Description
The Software Engineer will work in a team of software developers under the supervision of the Director of Engineering and Senior Software Engineer. ...
The Software Engineer will work in a team of software developers under the supervision of the Director of Engineering and Senior Software Engineer. This position seeks someone with broad software development experience, but specifically seeks candidates who are strong in the embedded and system software development area in Linux-based environments. The software engineer will work within a 2 week agile development cycle to create high quality, reliable demonstration systems of the company products that relies on efficiency code reuse strategies.
As projects within the company evolve, so will the technical focus of the software engineering team. Initially, the individual selected for this position will focus on realizing Allied Communicationsí quality of service (QoS) solutions. Specific areas of work may include mobile device system program (e.g. Android Linux system and kernel development, embedded mobile device operating system development, etc) and Linux-based traffic router system development.
- Assisting in defining system requirements
- Collaborating with other software engineers on system architecture
- Coding detailed designs
- Unit testing of code
- System testing
- Develop documentation
- Follow version control protocols
- System-level programming on Android platform
- System-level programming on embedded devices
- System-level programming on Linux server devices
- Provide timely and accurate communication of status of project and technical hurdles
- Mentor junior software engineers
- Handle other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Earned Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years + experience in software development lifecycle including agile development processes
- Hands-on system-level development on the Android platform
- Hands on development in iOS platform
- System-level programming on Linux
- Demonstrated knowledge of cellular data QoS
- Solid experience with version control and bug tracking
- Self-directed learner
- Takes personal ownership of their work
- Invention and publication experience, such as conference/journal publications and/or patent applications or invention disclosures
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation packages such as OPNET, NS-2, NS-3, and MATLAB
Allied Communications is a venture-backed, well capitalized startup company focusing on enabling the next generation of cellular wireless communications. We commercialize early stage research out of Universities and Federal Labs around developing enabling technologies for next-generation mobile networks. We are a small, nimble start up and this position is part of our first ramp up. As early employees of the company, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to help shape the culture of the future organization. We give employees the autonomy to roll their sleeves up in a casual environment to build something real and have a say in technical decisions. Our culture is one of technical innovation, hands-on, self-directed learning, collaboration, and strong work ethic.
** Please send resumes to email@example.com
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
By mrandmaa in forum Android Job Board
Last Post: 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
By cereal killer in forum Android News
Last Post: 12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
By arayastaffing in forum Android Job Board
Last Post: 03-23-2011, 06:22 PM