Sr Android/Java Software Engineer
Our client is a Fortune Global 500 Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider with local offices in San Diego. Our client has additionally been recognized as a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company.
Apply here: http://sl1public.bullhornstaffing.co...obPostingID=47
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Android Java Engineer will participate in the definition and implementation of an innovative new computing platform. Using concepts and designs given by the usability team, this individual will contribute in all phases of the software’s design, including scoping, architectural design and individual coding. The successful candidate will code with a senior-level understanding of the art of programming, ultimately producing clear, elegant solutions well-suited to the given requirements and designs.
You will have previously implemented jaw-dropping user interfaces that skillfully combine simplicity, features, usability and responsiveness. If you are the person that can take the best mobile user interface today and tell us why you’ll do better, give us a call.
Job Duration, Type, and Pay:
This is a full time position. Pay is $90k to $110k per year DOE.
- Participate in the product definition phase.
- Scope and investigate areas of Android desktop and UI technology as applicable to the product.
- Lead discussion and architectural definition of various key technology pieces and their integration into the system. You will be primarily working in Android Java environment.
- Create software engineering specifications that will be used to guide the team’s development.
- Participate in the implementation of these components.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Eagerly participate in mentoring and skills transfer to junior members of the team.
- Make disciplined use of source control and bug tracking systems.
- Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members.
- A Bachelor Degree (EE, Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred) with at least 7 years hands-on programming experience within a Linux environment.
- Fluency in Java with experience in C++, C and various Linux scripting languages.
- Advanced knowledge of the Android system library level and Android applications.
- Knowledge of the Linux system and user-level APIs.
- Coding maturity and polish by identifying commercial-quality software in which the candidate had significant participation in design and development.
- Knowledge of standard source control systems and bug tracking systems and their functions in successful software development efforts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing appropriate documentation, mentoring both senior and junior team members and proactively identifying code and design flaws and suggesting improvements.
- Experience with automated test tools and debugging systems and their appropriate use in the software development cycle.
- Ability to travel internationally about 5% of work time.
rience building, deploying, and administering all flavors of Linux operating systems.
- Able to work in a structured process driven organization with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, has a positive attitude.
- Quick thinker and innovative. Solutions oriented.
- Windows Mobile, RIM or other mobile device development experience.
About ARAYA STAFFING:
Araya Staffing (www.arayastaffing.com) is a full-service technology staffing and recruiting firm for the west coast of the USA. We differentiate ourselves in the marketplace by really looking after our employees & candidates, working to obtain a fair compensation package that is often above average.
We provide generous referral rewards for any candidates referred to us that are ultimately hired or placed by us. Please contact us for more information.
03-23-2011 06:22 PM