Best Buy - Buy Back

This is a discussion on Best Buy - Buy Back within the Android News from the Members forums, part of the Android News category; It seems Best Buy has a new Buy Back program that can save us a lot of money, especially if you are on a one ...

Thread: Best Buy - Buy Back

Twitter
    androiddotnet

Best Buy - Buy Back

It seems Best Buy has a new Buy Back program that can save us a lot of money, especially if you are on a one year contract - of course the program covers many products they sell but we are going to concentrate on Mobile Devices -

If you buy a Mobile Device from BB they will buy it back for a percentage of the full retail value of the device - and the percentages are in our favor, if the math is done right -

-Here is how it will work in our favor -

Say I am eligible for an upgrade and buy my Droid Bionic at Best Buy - of course the full retail on this device upon release is going to be $600.00 plus, but for numbers sake we will say $600.00 - my upgrade price through VZW is $200.00 - so I pay $200 for the phone, this is where the program comes into play

If I am on a one year contract through my mobile carrier and I am signed up for the Buy Back program in 12 months when it's time to upgrade my plan and my phone Best Buy will buy my mobile device back from me for 40% of the Full Retail Value of the device at the time that I purchased it - 40% of $600 is $240.00 - $40.00 more than I paid for the device

If I am on a two year contract (which I am) the numbers and percentages dwindle a bit - but they are still good - the plan doesn't start until 31 days after the day of purchase and with a new every two program from VZW I am eligible for an upgrade 18 Months after the day of purchase, with Best Buy's Buy Back program that would put me in the 12 to 18 month category when my upgrade is available, giving me 30% back - still $180.00 which is not bad

Remember, the purchase price is the full retail value, not what you paid

-The catch is you have to pay to take part in this program -

There are two different plans - the Full Retail over $350.00 and the Full Retail Under $350.00 - since we are talking Android we will focus on the over $350.00

To take part in the program you will pay $59.99 at the time of purchase, if you also purchase the Black Tie Program the cost goes down to $30.00 - and who say's you have to keep the Black Tie Right - it can be cancelled at any time

They also buy back old devices straight across like Verizon does - today I was quoted at $72.00 for my Droid I don't think Verizon was offering that much - of course my Droid is priceless -
    Last edited by tp76; 01-23-2011 at 07:54 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Great find tp.
    At least they offer you more money than Verizon does. I has just on Verizon's buy back site and my droid X is only worth $92 to them. I can most likely get at least $250-300 if I sold it on Craigslist.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    D1's on Verizon's site were worth almost nothing - it was quite depressing

GB D1 with Dual Core Fever

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    That's good to hear. Especially with VZW extending the length of time needed on contract to get a new phone.

I agree that is a good deal!!
    Droid X

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links