Android 2.3.3

This is a discussion on Android 2.3.3 within the Android News from the Members forums, part of the Android News category; Android 2.3.3 announced with more developer-friendly access to NFC The Android versions keep on rolling today with the introduction of a new build in the ...

Thread: Android 2.3.3

Android 2.3.3

Android 2.3.3 announced with more developer-friendly access to NFC

The Android versions keep on rolling today with the introduction of a new build in the 2.3 Gingerbread line -- 2.3.3 this time -- that improves developer access to the platforms newfound NFC capabilities as first seen on the Nexus S. What's new, exactly? Well, there's a new NFC read / write API that Google alleges will let you access pretty much any NFC tag on the market today, better control over what happens when a tag comes within range of the device, and "limited support" for peer-to-peer NFC communication -- something Stanford cobbled together for the Nexus S not long ago. The new build is available now to developers using the Android SDK; no devices have received an update yet, but we'd imagine the Nexus S is queued up to get it before too long.

Credit Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is awesome for developers at least, I have a nexus s and I can't find any tags to scan, its such a cool feature but I haven't gotten the chance to use it since I bought this phone back in December :-/ sny suggestions???

Sent from my Nexus S using Android.net App

Do you know what other phones are supposed to get gingerbread? It looks amazing on the walkthrough of it on youtube.

Sent from my Ally using Android.net App

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links