Samsung Confirms on Twitter Exynos 5 Octa Chip Works Fine with all 20 LTE Bands

This is a discussion on Samsung Confirms on Twitter Exynos 5 Octa Chip Works Fine with all 20 LTE Bands within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; This news could potentially disappoint a few folks who are excited about the new Samsung Galaxy S4. There has been speculation as to why several ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: Samsung Confirms on Twitter Exynos 5 Octa Chip Works Fine with all 20 LTE Bands

Samsung Confirms on Twitter Exynos 5 Octa Chip Works Fine with all 20 LTE Bands

This news could potentially disappoint a few folks who are excited about the new Samsung Galaxy S4. There has been speculation as to why several different versions of the device, including the U.S. version, were going to get the Snapdragon 600 instead of the Exynos 5 Octa-core. One of the predominant theories was the Samsung had the same problem with this Exynos chip that they had with the previous one, namely it has compatibility issues with LTE radios. Sadly, that is not the case at all. Samsung themselves confirmed on Twitter that the Exynos 5 Octa is perfectly compatible with all 20 of the primary LTE radio bands.

We've reached out to our sources and most of the intel suggests the real reason the U.S. (and several other) versions of the SGS4 will come with the Snapdragon 600 instead of the Exynos 5 Octa is due to supply issues. Apparently, the yields are low for the new super-chip from Samsung, so they had to work out a compromise that was compatible with their shipping schedules. The only bright side to this news is there is now potential for a future revised version of the SGS4 to come out in other countries that includes the Exynos 5 Octa, if they can eventually work out the supply limitation issues.

Source: Twitter - Samsung

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This kind of feels like a reason to hold off on the s4.. Idk... The exynos chip in my note 2 had awesome connectivity.. No data drops like my maxx and maxx HD..
    Just a thought

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    The X phone from Motorola is far more exciting than a refresh of the sgs3 that I've never been overly pleased with in the first place.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    We have nothing about the X Phone other than bragging. All the rumors so far were either made by someone high or mostly wild expectations. And even if it will live up to expectations, I kind of doubt it'll outmatch the S4 significantly.

Of course it's a matter of opinions but the barometer, thermometer and hygrometer sensors, S Health and the accessories are enough for me personally to choose the S4 over any other phone. On top of all that, it is also the most powerful phone to date, with an up-to-date 5" 1080p AMOLED, 2GB RAM, latest firmware, my-kind of theme design (nature and the "pebbles and leaves) and a bunch of other features. What else can I ask for?
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Motorola build quality, Motorola radios, Google-timed updates, $300 retail price, American-owned company, better battery life, and maybe a hardware keyboard.

Oh, and fewer Apple patent lawsuits holding up the works.

I'm holding out hope. I'm locked into another year on my contact, so the X phone sounds a lot more interesting to me than another overhyped superphone that costs more than twice as much. Maybe the S4 will be everything the S3 was supposed to be but couldn't be because Samsung couldn't make the quad-core Exynos chips fast enough. But we here in the states are still only going to get a quad-core chip S4.

Yeah, a semi-custom smartphone sounds pretty good to me when I look at it like that. And as for the software? I had to put a launcher on my S3 within 5 minutes just to keep from sending it back. And most of those fancy tweaks don't work (on the S3,at least) without TouchWizz being the default launcher. So what's the point? For me, there isn't one.

Sent from my SCH-I535

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    I really don't see what's wrong with Samsung's TouchWiz. I agree that TouchWiz 4.0 and older weren't good enough but TW 5.0 is more than just decent and is, so far, the only stock launcher I did not want to replace. Some people say it lags but I've even tried it on a single-core 1GHz CPU with half a Gig of RAM - works flawlessly with the only exception of occasional stuttering at the end of the UI animations but you can't really except too much from a single-core 1GHz CPU, can you? On the S III, all the features work just fine to me, I never faced a single problem regarding TW 5.0 on S III. Plus, as I said, it looks appealing to my taste being such a Nature fanboy. All Samsung's applications do work for me on official ROMs in S III. Yes, there are quite some bloat in it but there are more useful features than bloat.

The battery time on Motorola are top only on RAZR MAXX phones. And S4's 63 hour endurance rating is more than enough for me.

I agree on the build quality, fast software updates and the radios but even though I drop my phones quite frequently, I never got any damage other than scratches, and believe it or not, I've never used a screen protector or a cover, so I really don't see a reason to sacrifice all the needed features I've mentioned in the previous comment just so my phone could live 5 years instead of 3 years - I don't use a phone this long anyway and I doubt a lot of people use it this long.

The radios, well yeah, it is an important thing but Samsung's radios, at least on the flagships, are decent enough not to let me down once. I don't use the radios a lot (other than Wi-Fi) so I can't really speak for it.

As for the updates, it depends on where you live and yes, most of the time, the updates are quite late on other than pure Google phones but personally, I don't rely on official updates, I modify my phone by myself and/or custom developers from XDA.

But again, the atmosphere sensors, S Health and the accessories are enough to make me choose the S4 even if Snapdragon 800 would be available right now.

The only main disadvantages of the S4 are the camera's DoF and video recording (compared to the best ones to date), the build quality, its software bloat and to other people, its design. I'm not saying X Phone will fail but I do know that it'll have a hell of a fight to win against the S4.
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 04-14-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears

Oh and the price and patent lawsuits,

Yes, the price is a thing but it doesn't bother me or the predicted 70-100 million people worldwide and the patent lawsuits don't reduce the chance of availability significantly. Plus, Apple is losing chances for successful lawsuits as time goes by because Samsung is trying to lean further from Apple-like features.
    Tears for Fears

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I hate skins on Android. That's enough to say is wrong with any phone, especially MotoBloat.

Personal preference.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I see. Well, it's possible to remove the skins if you're willing to use custom ROMs. Then, only the hardware matters.

I'm curious to see whether Motorola and Google will actually succeed to live up to expectations.
    Tears for Fears

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links