Verizon Watching T-Mobile's 'Uncarrier' Pricing Closely; CEO Would Consider It

This is a discussion on Verizon Watching T-Mobile's 'Uncarrier' Pricing Closely; CEO Would Consider It within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Verizon's CEO Lowell McAdam was recently in the public eye discussing Verizon's new “Powerful Answers” campaign, but towards the end had some intriguing things to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By dgstorm

Thread: Verizon Watching T-Mobile's 'Uncarrier' Pricing Closely; CEO Would Consider It

Verizon Watching T-Mobile's 'Uncarrier' Pricing Closely; CEO Would Consider It

Verizon's CEO Lowell McAdam was recently in the public eye discussing Verizon's new “Powerful Answers” campaign, but towards the end had some intriguing things to say about T-Mobile's new "Uncarrier" pricing. When asked if it was something Verizon would ever adopt, he indirectly indicated it was something they were watching closely, and also made it clear it is something they would consider if customers wanted it. Here's a quote with more of the details,

McAdam was recently on stage to raise awareness for their “Powerful Answers” campaign and upon exiting, McAdam was asked about T-Mobile and if this was something Verizon Wireless would consider.

McAdam had said it would be “pretty easy” to change up their current model and drop the contracts. He even suggested that there would be some consideration if this was something that customers began asking for. While things clearly aren’t going to be changing for Verizon Wireless users just yet, McAdam did go on to mention that he is happy when he sees something different begin tried.
    Some have argued that T-Mobile's new pricing structure is really just marketing speak, and the points are valid; however, there is no denying the mathematics which indicate a substantial savings compared to the way cell phone plans in the U.S. are currently handled. There is also no denying the appeal of being free from a two-year contract. Even if you are still paying for a device for an extended period of time, the idea that you can go to other carriers if you are unhappy with your current service is attractive.

In the end, it's probably not too surprising that Verizon is watching this carefully to see how it pans out. After-all, if T-Mobile actually starts taking customers away from them, Verizon will need to shift gears quickly.

Source: AndroidCommunity

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    HA! Baaaaaaah said the sheep. Applaud TMo for shaking up the American Market. I still find it hard to just up and leave AT&T. But TMo is really offering something nice for when it comes to new phones. And I'm a person who love new phones. *Mayor West Tone*
    Androidfied.

Truth!!!!!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I honestly think if tmobile handles this well, and there's not a ton of fine print about unlimited and so on... This coupled with unlimited data, IMHO will make a dent in vzw's business...

I am already on Tmobile's prepaid plan and very very happy with it. I hope their no contract model succeeds. I will never get a contract again.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk HD
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2
    Samsng Galaxy Note 2 (i317)• IOAP ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy S3Resurrection ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy Note LTE • Liquid Smooth Kitkat 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 • Deleterious ROM 4.1.2

Let's get some completion here and better plans.. I'm all for it..

Noted📝2x..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

<Guidelines of Conduct>

But.......i think Big red is blowing smoke if customers wanted humm yea ok

Ads