What's Too Big? Rumors Detail More info on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3

This is a discussion on What's Too Big? Rumors Detail More info on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3 within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Samsung is apparently adopting the attitude, "if it works for ya just go with it," when it comes to the "bigger is better" manufacturing trend. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 94lt1

Thread: What's Too Big? Rumors Detail More info on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3

What's Too Big? Rumors Detail More info on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3

Samsung is apparently adopting the attitude, "if it works for ya just go with it," when it comes to the "bigger is better" manufacturing trend. We have some new intel regarding their next generation super-sized phablets that will potentially be called the Samsung Galaxy Mega. According to the latest intel there will indeed be a 5.8-inch version and a 6.3-inch version. The "smaller" version will come out first, with the mammoth one due to come out shortly after. Both will likely hit some level of global availability later this year. The rumors seem to include leaked specs as well. Here's a quote with some of the details,

The 5.8-inch version (GT-i9153) will have a modest qHD (960 x 540) LCD display, a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 8MP rear camera, and a 2600mAh battery. It will come in at 9.7mm thick and it will have dual-SIM capability.

Lesser details are known about the 6.3-inch version, but what we can say is that it will also have an LCD panel, a dual-core Exynos processor, an 8MP rear camera, and a 2MP front camera. Unfortunately we donít have the display resolution or the CPU clock speed, but they will probably be similar to the 5.8-inch version.
    It's easy to scoff at these "McDonald's-inspired" smartphones, but there is no denying the success of devices like the Galaxy Note and Note 2. To that end, what do you guys think? At what point does your phone become a tablet? What is too big to carry around?

Source: TalkAndroid

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wonder why they are possibly going with a smaller battery?? I like the note 2 because of its size and battery...

Perhaps the new setup is a lot more battery friendly?
    bkdodger likes this.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Anything beyond 6.5" is officially a tablet. Seems like Samsung wants to take away the difference between phones and tablets.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

I just find it impossible to visualize using a device of that size as a phone, in public. People are going to look at you and wonder if you lost your mind.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Anything tapping over 6' for a Phablet will definitely not look normal for everyday calling that's for sure..

Noted📝2x..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

<Guidelines of Conduct>

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Well, I never pit the phone to my ear. I either use headphones or the loudspeaker. It's a habit of mine. :D The owners of 6 inchers can also do the same thing.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Haha.. Bluetooth comes in handy... I actually never use BT other than thru car system... But I hold the N2 up to ear in public doesn't bother me.. 5.5 will be small side soon anyhow..

Noted📝2x..
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

<Guidelines of Conduct>

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links