New Exynos 5 Octa-core Galaxy S4 Benchmark Crushes All Others (Including Itself)

This is a discussion on New Exynos 5 Octa-core Galaxy S4 Benchmark Crushes All Others (Including Itself) within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The newer Samsung Galaxy phones are pretty much the only mainstream smartphone able to paradoxically beat themselves in benchmarks. Because the SGS3 and the SGS4 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dgstorm

Thread: New Exynos 5 Octa-core Galaxy S4 Benchmark Crushes All Others (Including Itself)

New Exynos 5 Octa-core Galaxy S4 Benchmark Crushes All Others (Including Itself)

The newer Samsung Galaxy phones are pretty much the only mainstream smartphone able to paradoxically beat themselves in benchmarks. Because the SGS3 and the SGS4 both came in two (or more) separate versions with different primary processors, it creates a rare occurrence when you can see a product compete with itself in benchmarks and succeed/fail simultaneously. Previously we shared a story where the new Exynos 5 Octa-Core based version of the SGS4 destroyed all other smartphones with a 27,000+ score in AnTuTu. This even bested the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 equipped version of the phone by about 1,400 points. Apparently Samsung wasn't done optimizing, because some new benchmarks increased that deficit even further.

Interestingly, it's also important to note that there aren't actually two versions of the SGS4. There are actually three. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Before we get to it, itís important to note that there arenít two, but three variations of the Samsung Galaxy S4. First, with a 1.6 Ghz octa-core Exynos 5 proccessor and no LTE (GT-I9500). Second, with a 1.9 Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with LTE (GT-I9505), and third, a Korean variant which features a 1.8 Ghz octa-core Exynos 5 processor with LTE (SVH-E300S). The device used for the following benchmark test is the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
    As you can see in the pic above, the newest benchmark for the Samsung Galaxy S4(GT-I9500) with the latest firmware installed scored a mind-boggling 28,018 in AnTuTu! Adding another 600+ points is none to shabby, and creates a 2,000+ point lead over the Snapdragon 600 version of the SGS4. Ultimately, it's fun to check out these benchmarks, but in the long run, we doubt these performance number differences will actually translate to a noticeable real world performance difference. Regardless, it shows that Sammy's new Exynos line of chips is an impressive achievement.

Source: AndroidAuthority

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for the info DG!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    I wonder how much can I squeeze out of this beast... If it reaches 28,000 out of the box then I just can imagine how much it'll reach with full power and overclocked to 2.2 GHz.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links