Gorilla Glass 3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Faces Off Against Knives in Scratch Test

This is a discussion on Gorilla Glass 3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Faces Off Against Knives in Scratch Test within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The new Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a new feature that hasn't been covered heavily in the media. It includes the next generation of Gorilla ...

Thread: Gorilla Glass 3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Faces Off Against Knives in Scratch Test

Gorilla Glass 3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Faces Off Against Knives in Scratch Test

The new Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a new feature that hasn't been covered heavily in the media. It includes the next generation of Gorilla Glass, version 3. Apparently, Gorilla Glass 2 simply made the original Gorilla Glass thinner and lighter rather than increasing its scratch resistance. The 3rd-gen version actually increases the strength of the glass as well, which can result in a 40% reduction of visibile scratches compared to the original Gorilla Glass.

An enterprising blogger decided to put this new glass technology resistance to the test, by pitting the new Gorilla Glass 3 equipped SGS4 up against pennies, keys, and knives! Check out the video above for the results.

Source: SamMobile

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wasn't impressed. Pretty weak test compared to some of the ones I've seen in the past performed on the S3. We all know that GG is scratch resistant since the days of the Galaxy 1. I'm more concerned with drop tests and how well (or poorly) it does with shattering the screen. The S3 performed poorly in this regard, and most people ended up with cracked or shattered screens after very small drops.

tap'n

I agree.. This was the standard for testing for gg1

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links