NVIDIA Debuts Tegra 4i Reference Phone; Tegra 4i Retail Phones Coming Q1 2014

This is a discussion on NVIDIA Debuts Tegra 4i Reference Phone; Tegra 4i Retail Phones Coming Q1 2014 within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; NVIDIA just showed off their Tegra 4i reference phone yesterday. It's effectively a NVIDIA branded smartphone using their Tegra 4i mobile chipset with on-board LTE. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: NVIDIA Debuts Tegra 4i Reference Phone; Tegra 4i Retail Phones Coming Q1 2014

NVIDIA Debuts Tegra 4i Reference Phone; Tegra 4i Retail Phones Coming Q1 2014

NVIDIA just showed off their Tegra 4i reference phone yesterday. It's effectively a NVIDIA branded smartphone using their Tegra 4i mobile chipset with on-board LTE. It's called the The Tegra 4i Phoenix reference and phones based upon the specs will be launched in Q1 of next year. Here's a quote with a few more interesting details,

The Tegra 4i Phoenix reference design is a very slim device measuring 7.9mm thin. Its width is 72mm and height is 138mm.

The handset carries the name ‘brand’ on the back, which will be replaced by manufacturers names in actual retail devices. It’s got a 4.8-inch 720p screen and a 13-megapixel camera, and the Tegra 4i is paired to 1GB of LPDDR2 RAM. The ‘brand’ phone comes in three models with 8GB, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage.

Best of all the Nvidia Tegra 4i ‘brand’ phone will cost less than today’s flagships coming in at around $300 to $400 without a carrier subsidy, and there will be an even cheaper Tegra 4i phones going as low as $200.

We these prices, in 2014 we could see the entire landscape change for what it means to have a smartphone. This aggressive technology push driving down prices reminds me of the PC industry. Pretty soon we will have ultra-powerful spec'ed phones at ultra-affordable prices.

Source: PhoneArena

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    We these prices, in 2014 we could see the entire landscape change for what it means to have a smartphone. This aggressive technology push driving down prices reminds me of the PC industry. Pretty soon we will have ultra-powerful spec'ed phones at ultra-affordable prices.
    I have to agree. This will put the power of a super phone in the hands of the consumer without having to shell out an arm and a leg for it. This will force Sammy, HTC and others to hopefully come down on their devices. Even if they don't, this still works out for people who can't afford a premium device.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Agree with Froggie - this bodes well for ALL smartphone users. The more competition, the lower the prices.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links