[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 To Herald Samsung Design Strategy 3.0 with Aluminum Body

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 To Herald Samsung Design Strategy 3.0 with Aluminum Body within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The dust has barely settled on the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, but now we are already hearing rumors about the Galaxy S5. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: [Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 To Herald Samsung Design Strategy 3.0 with Aluminum Body

[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 To Herald Samsung Design Strategy 3.0 with Aluminum Body

The dust has barely settled on the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, but now we are already hearing rumors about the Galaxy S5. Apparently, Samsung is working on a new Design Strategy 3.0 which will focus on the outside aesthetics of the device. Supposedly, Samsung may finally give up their slavish adherence to plastic and move to an all aluminum body. Of course, this is probably just some fanboy deep wishing run amok, so take this intel with a grain of salt. Still, if there is even a grain of truth to it, it will be interesting to see what Sammy cooks up next year. Of course, if this is true, it means one negative thing... the "next big thing" from Samsung will likely not have a removable battery.

What do you guys think?

Source: BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a GS3 and there are only a handful of occasions where I need to pull it out. My Motorola Xoom does not have a removable battery, but a two button combination forces the device to power down regardless of the state (in recovery, boot loop etc).

The main reason I think a removable battery is useful is to add a larger battery. The reason most batteries go bad (aside from stray software updates etc) is the failure to maintain the battery properly. Having the option to throw your 7000mAh battery brick on the back of your phone and roll on is invaluable to some.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Froggie has a good point about the removable battery option. I think Samsung is making a mistake in going to an all aluminum, uni-body for the S3. Personally, I prefer functionality over form every time.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I think an aluminum body would a nice touch as I am sure it will give the impression of being a sturdier device. Change is good. It seems to me like it is a positive improvement in an ever evolving industry.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links