For Sprint users with the Samsung Galaxy S4, you might be happy to learn that a new update for our device is coming OTA. This new update is version JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9, and it brings a host of new features and fixes. The best new feature is included support for "apps-to-SD." Here's a list of the rest of the improvements,
If you just can't wait for the OTA, we included a manual download below for here, although rooted users should stay away from this and wait for developers to form it into a flashable ROM.Details:
- From 7/8/13 – 7/21/13, software update JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9 pushes to all existing Galaxy S 4 customers.
- Customers must wait for the Google Over The Air (GOTA) servers push the software update to their phone for installation.
- Voice – HD Voice enhancements.
- Audio – Audio clipping when using headphones at higher levels has been addressed.
- Application Storage – Enables market application installation onto the SD card.
- Wallpaper modifications – One wallpaper was removed and 2 new wallpapers were added..
- Messaging Known Issue – Unfortunately Messaging has Stopped error has been resolved.
What you need to do:
- To help customer update their software, refer to: From CST Search tab > Select Maker drop-down menu – Samsung > Select Device drop-down menu -Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SPH-L720)
- Under Device Specific Software Update to JDQ39.L720VPUAMF9 – Samsung Galaxy S 4