Amazon Plans To Blanket The Skies With Delivery Drones in the Future

This is a discussion on Amazon Plans To Blanket The Skies With Delivery Drones in the Future within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Sometimes people think outside the box, but sometimes they think so far outside the box you can no longer see the box. A new idea ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SLAG IT!
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Amazon Plans To Blanket The Skies With Delivery Drones in the Future

Amazon Plans To Blanket The Skies With Delivery Drones in the Future

Sometimes people think outside the box, but sometimes they think so far outside the box you can no longer see the box. A new idea from Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon's is a prefect example of this. He plans to develop flying remote-controlled drones which will eventually be used to help Amazon deliver most of the packages you purchase from them in 30 minutes or less.

Just. Wow!

Mr. Bezos announced this on 60 Minutes last night (Sunday, December 1st, 2013). In his interview he said, "Prime Air vehicles will be as normal as seeing mail trucks on the road today." Here's a quote from the Amazon official announcement below (followed by a link):

We're excited to share Prime Air — something the team has been working on in our next generation R&D lab.

The goal of this new delivery system is to get packages into customers' hands in 30 minutes or less using unmanned aerial vehicles.

Putting Prime Air into commercial use will take some number of years as we advance the technology and wait for the necessary FAA rules and regulations.

Check out this footage from a recent test flight.
    He admitted it will take a few years to implement, but is very doable. If the plan works out, we might one day see the skies darkened not with Terminator drones of doom, but instead with flying robot Santa Clauses. What do you guys think of this wild idea? Is Bezos crazy or just "crazy-like-a-fox?"

Source: Amazon Prime Air

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No thanks Amazon. We like our jobs, our delivery people, our privacy and just not into the possibility of being spied on.
    cali likes this.

I would think potential jobs lost and cost increase would kill this...OK..average Joe...gets his/her package and said drone goes on its way...

Enter the idiot...they get their package and then smash said drone with a bat and laugh like idiots as it smolders...

Someone will have to pay for these loses...guess who???
    Last edited by 94lt1; 12-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.

I doubt that Amazon has those little gizmos setup to spy - it's just not practical.
    94lt1 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

While I think it's an interesting idea, apparently it's not going to happen anytime soon in this country. They still need to designate specific airspace for drones like this, and it would be around the year 2020 for that happen here in the U.S. (at least that's what I heard today....fwiw)
    It's kinda like those news stories in the 70s that said their would be flying cars by 2010.
    We see where that concept is.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    I doubt that Amazon has those little gizmos setup to spy - it's just not practical.
    I'm just thinking from a business standpoint. I spend money on something that someone could destroy and want to make sure package gets delivered to specific place, one would use a camera to ensure both things. I would also make sure the ppackage was not damaged after said drone delivered, this way end user cannot say it was and I'm out the money for the product. Just a thought of a reason to have camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    No thanks Amazon. We like our jobs, our delivery people, our privacy and just not into the possibility of being spied on.
    Just don't care to see this taking up airspace. Living near a flight path and where the police copters are pretty much a daily fixture, convinces me of that. Little 'bothers' to drive a person crazy? Don't need them. Delivery is good enough now as it is.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links