We have a Padfone double-hitter for you today. First up, the new Asus Padfone Mini was just officially announced. Here's a breakdown of specs:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 4.3 inch smartphone (qHD display) with a 7 inch (1280 x 800) tablet dock
- Dual SIM capabilities for the phone
- Quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of Storage
- MicroSD card support
- 8MP rear camera with Hi-Light Mode (for shooting in dark environments)
- 1,500 mAh battery
- The tablet dock comes with a 2,200 mAh battery, which can charge the smartphone too
It will launch in the US, Europe and other Asian markets, but prices and a concrete time-frame have not yet been announced.
The second Padfone news for today is an official announcement from ASUS CEO Jerry Shen. At the end of an interview with Engadget, Chen indicated that the next generation version of the Padfone Infinity will be coming to the United States. He said that Asus was working with a "big operator" in the States to bring the device here. He didn't specify whether that "big operator" was a mobile carrier or simply a third party retailer, but we will share more intel when it becomes available.