Samsung's newest flagship phone-camera hybrid was just officially announced last night. The Galaxy K Zoom marries the concept of a powerful smartphone with an actual physical lens-equipped camera, capable of 10x Optical Zoom and more.
Here's a breakdown of the specs for the phone part of the device:
- 4.8 inch 720p (1280 x 720) Super AMOLED Display
- Hexa core processor (1.3GHz Quad-Core + 1.7GHz Dual-Core)
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage
- A microSD slot for expanded storage
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2,430 mAh battery
- LTE, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weighs 200 grams and is 16.6mm thick
Here's the breakdown of features and specs for the built-in lens and camera:
- 10x optical zoom from its new retracting lens technology
- 20.7MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Optical image stabilization (OIS)
- Xenon Flash
- Advanced features like the AF/AE separation (/Auto Focus/ Auto Exposure Separation - which offers precise balance of light and clarity).
- Pro Suggest mode gives you 5 optimized filter settings
- Selfie Alarm allows you to take timed selfies
- A total of 28 shooting modes.
Could this be the perfect device for shutterbugs who also want a great Samsung phone? The K Zoom device will go on sale in the Netherlands and other European countries on May 21 for €499 ($692). There is currently no word on pricing or availability in any other parts of the globe. If that changes we will keep you updated.
Source: Samsung Tomorow