Sprint & T-Mobile Merger Might Still Happen in June; John Legere to Run the Result

This is a discussion on Sprint & T-Mobile Merger Might Still Happen in June; John Legere to Run the Result within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Despite the unrest of U.S. regulators, it looks like Softbank is still planning to push forward with the deal for Sprint to purchase T-Mobile. According ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid
  • 1 Post By tube517
  • 1 Post By cali

Thread: Sprint & T-Mobile Merger Might Still Happen in June; John Legere to Run the Result

Sprint & T-Mobile Merger Might Still Happen in June; John Legere to Run the Result

Despite the unrest of U.S. regulators, it looks like Softbank is still planning to push forward with the deal for Sprint to purchase T-Mobile. According to industry insiders, Sprint CFO Joe Euteneuer and Treasurer Greg Block met with six large Wall Street banks to make sure they held sufficient funds for a Sprint buyout of T-Mobile. According to the intel, a bid may go forward as early as June of this year.

Apparently, SoftBank Chairman Masayoshi Son is confident he can quell the fears of U.S. regulatory agencies by making the case that the merger is pro-consumer and is actually necessary to foster better competition in the U.S. carrier market. To sweeten the deal, Softbank plans to put T-Mobile's John Legere in charge of the newly combined company.

Supposedly, one of the main problems regulators had with the deal was fear that Legere would be pushed out. He is now seen as a "rock-star" icon for shaking up the industry and fostering more competition. They were concerned that if Sprint became the owner of T-Mobile, then all of the headway that Legere has made in the industry would fade away. With Legere in charge of the final combined company, that worry could be nullified. There's obviously still quite a bit of work and a number of hurdles to overcome before this can proceed forward.

Sound off and let us know if you think a Sprint & T-Mobile merger is a good thing or not.

Source: Bloomberg

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As the old saying goes, "I got no dog in the fight" (I'm AT&T) but I have no problems with the merger as long as Sprint becomes GSM or remains totally distinct from T-Mobile. What I wouldn't want to see is for T-Mobile to abandon GSM for that CDMA setup that Sprint and Verizon use.
    tube517 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    As the old saying goes, "I got no dog in the fight" (I'm AT&T) but I have no problems with the merger as long as Sprint becomes GSM or remains totally distinct from T-Mobile. What I wouldn't want to see is for T-Mobile to abandon GSM for that CDMA setup that Sprint and Verizon use.
    You just posted what I was thinking. Having been with Sprint for 12 years and T-Mobile for 2, I love the direction of T-Mobile. I really never had issues w/Sprint but their 3G was painfully slow (think dialup slow). I love having a (unlocked) GSM phone and having the freedom to move to another carrier.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2
    Samsng Galaxy Note 2 (i317) IOAP ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Resurrection ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Liquid Smooth Kitkat 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Deleterious ROM 4.1.2

I left Sprint when I could no longer stand them, and just did the same with T-Mobile after the relationship soured. Seriously doubt that there is anything JL could do to convince me to come back. Find it very unfortunate that the pre-paid company I deal with uses Sprint's network.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links