[Rumor] Nexus 6 Smartphone Might be Made by Motorola

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Nexus 6 Smartphone Might be Made by Motorola within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; [Editor's Note: Oops. I forgot to post this here yesterday! Here it is and its follow up story will come soon.] Definitely take this story ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm

Thread: [Rumor] Nexus 6 Smartphone Might be Made by Motorola

[Rumor] Nexus 6 Smartphone Might be Made by Motorola

[Editor's Note: Oops. I forgot to post this here yesterday! Here it is and its follow up story will come soon.]

Definitely take this story with a heaping helping of salt, but the Holy Grail of Android smartphones might be upon us. The newest rumor is that Motorola is working on a 5.9-inch smartphone code-named Shamu, and that device will be the Google Nexus 6 smartphone.

According to this intel, Google felt it would never be viable for them to launch a Motorola Nexus device as long as they owned Motorola. This isn't meant to suggest that was the primary (or even secondary) reason they sold Motorola to Lenovo, it simply means that now they can entertain the possibility, and supposedly Motorola is high up on their list for the next Nexus phone.

On top of this information, we also have word that the phone will come with a fingerprint sensor and will likely launch in November.

We should remain skeptical for now, but feel free to do a secret happy dance when nobody is looking.

Source: AndroidPolice
    UltraDroid likes this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moto always makes good phones but I disliked their software. Now I might look into buying a Moto phone.

I've been impressed with the budget MotoG phone, if they can do something that quality for so cheap then I'm excited to see what they can do for the Nexus line.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links