Study Indicates 90% of All Data Used by Just 10% of Users

This is a discussion on Study Indicates 90% of All Data Used by Just 10% of Users within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; According to research performed for traffic management firm, ByteMobile, 90% of all data traffic on mobile networks is being used by only 10% of those ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Study Indicates 90% of All Data Used by Just 10% of Users

Twitter
    droidforums

Study Indicates 90% of All Data Used by Just 10% of Users

According to research performed for traffic management firm, ByteMobile, 90% of all data traffic on mobile networks is being used by only 10% of those networks users. Data carriers world-wide have been concerned about the strain on their existing networks. They have been expanding and upgrading; however, some analysts predict that even new 4G networks like Verizon's LTE could be saturated very quickly with data hungry users outstripping the pace at which the network infrastructure is enhanced. Luckily for us, Bytemobile had this to say,
    ...in 2011 “operators will add ‘smart capacity’ solutions to better utilise capacity for rising traffic demand. These solutions combine caching, content filtering, policy enforcement, access control, and capacity control points to create smarter networks for managing existing capacity.”
    Let's hope its enough!

Source: Study Indicates 90% of All Data Used by Just 10% of Users - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    JohnDroid likes this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

content filtering, policy enforcement, access control, and capacity control points <-- all that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen especially with the high cost of the 4g data
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

Twitter
    alostpacket
    These studies are very flawed (probably intentionally). They forget to take into account that "if you build it they will come." If there was good video on demand and a fast enough network, and reliable enough connections, people would use it. But a lot hold off until the technology has matured. But this kind of stuff is just PR for "content filtering, policy enforcement, access control, and capacity control points", like cush2push was saying. It's that "oh, we're not filtering YOU, but we're filtering those bad, bad 10% guys using 90% of our bandwidth!" Well the truth is that there will always be power users and heavy consumers. But no one wants to join a network that doesn't allow for such use because everyone dreams they themselves will become a power user/heavy consumer someday. It's like the American Dream. Protect the rich for you may be rich someday. Basically, just because 10% use the most bandwidth, doesnt mean that 80% imagine themselve being in that 10% group at least once in awhile or at some point in the future.

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    The 10% of all users must live near me

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Sounds like the spammers. 40% of all spam comes from a single criminal group, Symantec says : The Technology Chronicles

But honestly. The most I have ever used is like 16 gigs and this is my only internet and that is "too much"?

"90% of all data traffic on mobile networks is being used by only 10% of those networks users."

This is due to the fact that only 10% of network users realize that they can do more with their smartphones than place calls, write texts and play Angry birds or Words with Friends...Power to the 10%!!! LOL...

I have a had time believing this "study". If it were true, the top 4 carriers in the US would have never done away with their "unlimited" and started tiered price plans. I'm happy to be grandfathered in to Verizon's unlimited plan. Oh yea!

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    One of my friends rooted his whole family's phones(4 of them) and they cancelled their internet service because everyone can tether, wired and wireless. Lots of data there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond View Post
    This is due to the fact that only 10% of network users realize that they can do more with their smartphones than place calls, write texts and play Angry birds or Words with Friends...Power to the 10%!!! LOL...
    This is most... no, all the smart phone users I know outside of these boards.

Well, i'm having fun with mine, for now. but believe this - if i notice any slowdown or change in performance of my data plan
    as far as this nonsense goes, that slowdown won't last more than one payment cycle. Consumers are best served by
    adopting some of the same policies as these sorry companies..

r, john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links