Motorola Tells Customers to "Buy Elsewhere" if They Want Custom Roms

This is a discussion on Motorola Tells Customers to "Buy Elsewhere" if They Want Custom Roms within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; OK I'm with Verizon & plan to stay with them & if Motorola is going to start 'crying' the only question comes down to the ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Motorola Tells Customers to "Buy Elsewhere" if They Want Custom Roms

Elsewhere?

OK I'm with Verizon & plan to stay with them & if Motorola is going to start 'crying' the only question comes down to the Tablet. If they're going to keep complaining & prevent us from enjoying "our" phones et al this seems not business at all.The ones with the intelligence to figure out what they can do with their equipment is all their right. I'm not agreeing with the bad but with the intelligence that our world not just the USA needs. This is my outlook upon this matter. One these that are able to do & "share" with so many is, one, good. Two, at my age this all interests me so much it teaches me, occupies me, "keeps my brain functioning (alive)". These I've stated are so much more important than what appears, greedy people.
    Now the Tablets. This is where the new battle is growing very fast. We all know that 1st Gen is something to stay away from. OK the 'Geeks', 'Nerds', 'Intelligent' ones, those that want to see, grow, understand, help, teach, "I could go on", my goodness how can this ever be a bad thing? If this is classified as wrong, as with cell phones, I & I'm sure many others, will wait & or buy something else.
    If I remember Motorola ran into a hard time not to long back & if their complaining continues there is that chance it could happen again.
    To finish, I ask those to tell me how & what next to do after I root my phone.
    Thank you.
    Thank you android.net
    Thank you Verizon

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous-x View Post
    OK I'm with Verizon & plan to stay with them & if Motorola is going to start 'crying' the only question comes down to the Tablet. If they're going to keep complaining & prevent us from enjoying "our" phones et al this seems not business at all.The ones with the intelligence to figure out what they can do with their equipment is all their right. I'm not agreeing with the bad but with the intelligence that our world not just the USA needs. This is my outlook upon this matter. One these that are able to do & "share" with so many is, one, good. Two, at my age this all interests me so much it teaches me, occupies me, "keeps my brain functioning (alive)". These I've stated are so much more important than what appears, greedy people.
    Now the Tablets. This is where the new battle is growing very fast. We all know that 1st Gen is something to stay away from. OK the 'Geeks', 'Nerds', 'Intelligent' ones, those that want to see, grow, understand, help, teach, "I could go on", my goodness how can this ever be a bad thing? If this is classified as wrong, as with cell phones, I & I'm sure many others, will wait & or buy something else.
    If I remember Motorola ran into a hard time not to long back & if their complaining continues there is that chance it could happen again.
    To finish, I ask those to tell me how & what next to do after I root my phone.
    Thank you.
    Thank you android.net
    Thank you Verizon
    The reason they do it is to cut costs. If you can't mess with it, there's less of a chance of you breaking it. Broke phones have warranties, but phones that are broke by messing with the bootloader aren't covered. They're cutting their losses and locking things down, instead of finding a way to make the system more fail-proof in case something were to happen...

IMO, the bootloader issue needs to be seriously re-evaluated by ALL the major OEM's. They need to spend a little money and improve the fail-safes and then they might not need so much frickin security. Security is expensive.

Which model phone do you have?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Android Lurker ANDROID~GeTs~R~DoNe's Avatar
    to Be honest there is always HTC

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    And I've already decided to move on from Moto, I don't care if they are embarrassed.

Perhaps my not getting another of their phones doesn't matter to them, but it will to me. Last time I checked, I'm more concerned with me being happy than with Moto being happy.
    T-Mobile G2X...

HTC is gonna be on top because of this. I cant wait for the TB.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android.net App

Quote Originally Posted by Lindel View Post
    And I've already decided to move on from Moto, I don't care if they are embarrassed.

Perhaps my not getting another of their phones doesn't matter to them, but it will to me. Last time I checked, I'm more concerned with me being happy than with Moto being happy.
    Perfect - I agree 100% with what you just said.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    OTR - It's great to have ya over, now how's the Jalopy coming along

D1 with Dual Core Fever -

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    How would it look to you if you spent $20,000,000 developing a car, tweaking it, tuning it, making it perform just so, and six weeks after putting it on the market some wingnut from Podunk, Alabama offered a tuner kit that changed three wires, two of the spark plugs, and inserted a small unit into the exhaust stream that added another 100 horsepower, cleaned up the exhaust, and unlocked a manual shift mode on the automatic transmission? And not only that, but the whole installation took less than an hour, any idiot could do it provided they followed the directions this guy included, actually added another 2MPG, and he sold the whole kit for $15.

Because that's pretty much what any custom ROM does for the Droid 1. It's EMBARRASSING. I kinda like the statement someone made -- Motorola; you do the hardware and let us do the software.

By the way, in the above model I would install kits in all the cars sold in the future, offer a free recall on the car to install the upgrade kit for all comers, and offer the guy a job.
    It kinda makes you wonder why Motorola couldn't implement any of the great stuff that's in roms? After all, it's their full time job to make phones....

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    OTR - It's great to have ya over, now how's the Jalopy coming along

D1 with Dual Core Fever -
    The Jalopy is coming along wonderfully, I am one continuum transfuctioner away from getting this bad boy ready for production.
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links