More Evidence leaks to about Stolen Android Code

This is a discussion on More Evidence leaks to about Stolen Android Code within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; More evidence leaks today that might not fair so well for Google in the ongoing battle between Oracle and Google patent disputes. According to Florian ...

Thread: More Evidence leaks to about Stolen Android Code

Twitter
    droidforums

More Evidence leaks to about Stolen Android Code

More evidence leaks today that might not fair so well for Google in the ongoing battle between Oracle and Google patent disputes. According to Florian Mueller from FOSSpatents, he made a discovery while looking into Android's source code that six files in Android v2.2 and v3.0 were used from the Java source code, along with 37 files that had "proprietary/confidential" on them.

Two months ago I took a close look at Exhibit J to Oracle's amended complaint, which contained a synopsis of source code shipped by Google and Sun's original Java code. I have since found six more files in an adjacent directory that show the same pattern of direct copying. All of them were apparently derived with the help of a decompiler tool. Those files form part of Froyo (Android version 2.2) as well as Gingerbread (version 2.3), unlike the file presented by Oracle.

In addition, I have identified 37 files marked as "PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL" by Sun and a copyright notice file that says: "DO NOT DISTRIBUTE!" Those files appear to relate to the Mobile Media API of the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit. Unless Google obtained a license to that code (which is unlikely given the content and tone of those warnings), this constitutes another breach.
    I'm not a coder by any means, so for those that are please sure your thoughts on this.

Continue Reading @ FOSS Patents: New evidence supports Oracle's case against Google

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    This interesting news - especially if it is indeed the truth -

Someone, or many someones, working at google screwed up... Wonder what kind of an impact that is going to have on the os if out turns out to be true

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Just like when Vonage lost its suit to Verizon for patent stealing, they'll just have to pay a few hundred million $ and maybe some future royalties

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Super Moderator/Rescue Squad jstafford1's Avatar
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Nothing will come probably as Google isn't selling Android. They aren't profiting from the sale of the OS so it might not come to much.

Sent from somewhere...

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Nothing will come probably as Google isn't selling Android. They aren't profiting from the sale of the OS so it might not come to much.
    I don't agree with this - Every Android powered device's main selling point is Android and the better the O/S ie: 2.1 - 2.2. - 2.3 - the more desirable and profitable it is, the mobile carriers are not the only ones making a profit - Google is getting theirs too, the back of my Droid is proof of that

D1 with Dual Core Fever -

Twitter
    droidforums
    ZDNet wrote a response to the article:

Updated: Looks like Google has already taken care of these files. PolicyNodeImpl.java was deleted from the source tree on 30 Oct 2010. The other 6 java files and a few others were deleted on 14 Jan 2011. The commit comment from developer Dan Bornstein reads “Remove pointless tests”. You can still go back through the history to see the old versions.
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/burnette/o...n-android/2162

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post

Sent from somewhere...
    Maybe not from the sale of the OS, but they are from Ad views. That's the reason Android is here right now... ads. A lawyer bud of mine said this could be viewed the same as people putting unauthorized music on YouTube. YouTube profits from the ad-views of every hit, meanwhile the music is there "illegally" in a sense. That's the major reason that Google has to delete certain videos from certain music groups, because Google wasn't giving them royalties for the music presented but were, themselves, profiting from ad-views.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Google is built on ad revenue. They are making their money not from the OS but from everything that spins off of it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links