New Android Market Released

This is a discussion on New Android Market Released within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Google just dropped an exciting bomb on the entire Android community. They released their new browser-based 'Android Market' for the Web. They coincided the website ...

Thread: New Android Market Released

Twitter
    droidforums

New Android Market Released

Google just dropped an exciting bomb on the entire Android community. They released their new browser-based 'Android Market' for the Web. They coincided the website launch with their announcement during their Google event, then posted an enticing introduction on their blog. Here's a quote,
    The website makes it easy to discover great new apps with a bigger, brighter interface. You can also send apps directly to your Android device with just a few clicks—no wires needed. We’ve built in new social features, too. You can share apps with your friends through Twitter. And you can read and post app reviews directly to Android Market from the web or from your device.

And what about all those apps you’ve already purchased and downloaded? Sign in to the website with your Google account and click “My Market Account” to see all the apps you’ve purchased or downloaded. It makes managing all your apps quite easy.
    Awesome news! I can see a ton of ways that this will be useful and it's strange that they never did this sooner. What do you guys think of this? Hit the links below to see the website and the blog.

Source: [Breaking] Android Market for the Web Just Released - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    This is a step up for Google for sure - I got it bookmarked and I am sure I will use it a lot, it will also make sharing Market links easier :D

Edit - The install from a p.c. works flawlessly
    Last edited by tp76; 02-02-2011 at 06:45 PM.

I can't remember if I posted this here or on DF (cross post alert), but I selected an app to install - I clicked install on my PC, and in the time it took for me to turn around and look at my phone, install had already begun. Quite impressive!

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

I've installed three apps via the new market all worked flawlessly

My addiction Droid Forum
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!

I have a Google Apps account rather than the regular Gmail account, and this doesn't seem to work if you are a Google Apps user. It detected my login, but it does not see my phone.

I used my Google account to access the market. Didn't you create a Google account to activate your phone which should work in the new Market.
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links