Motorola's Atrix 4G coming to AT&T on March 6th for $200, bundled w/ Laptop Dock $500

This is a discussion on Motorola's Atrix 4G coming to AT&T on March 6th for $200, bundled w/ Laptop Dock $500 within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Don't ever say Ma Bell lacks cahones. On the same day that existing Verizon customers began pre-ordering the CDMA'd iPhone 4 , AT&T has come ...

Thread: Motorola's Atrix 4G coming to AT&T on March 6th for $200, bundled w/ Laptop Dock $500

Twitter
    wwickedd

Motorola's Atrix 4G coming to AT&T on March 6th for $200, bundled w/ Laptop Dock $500

Don't ever say Ma Bell lacks cahones. On the same day that existing Verizon customers began pre-ordering the CDMA'd iPhone 4, AT&T has come clean with what's next on America's largest GSM network. While announced at CES 2011, pricing and release information had eluded the luscious Atrix 4G... until now, that is. AT&T will begin pre-sales for the Froyo-powered Motorola Atrix 4G Android superphone on February 13th, with the standard $199.99 + two-year contract getting one into your grubby mitts. We're told to expect general availability on March 6th "or earlier," putting it just about in line with the date we'd heard rumored. Moreover, those looking to buy will should have a difficult time laying off of the Laptop Dock bundle, which nets you an Atrix 4G as well as a $499.99 dock for the grand total of $499.99 on contract. You heard right -- those who opt to buy the dock at a later time will be asked to shell out five Benjamins, whereas that same tally on day one will also include the phone. It should be noted, however, that the bundle only applies if you also sign your name to a Data Pro plan and tethering add-on, so be sure you're down for that monthly hit before committing in haste. Oh, and just in case you simply can't stop spending, the carrier is also offering an Entertainment Access Kit for Atrix 4G customers which includes the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock, a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a remote control for $189.99.

source engadget
    via The Wall Street Journal, AT&T
    Last edited by wicked; 02-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast Martin030908's Avatar
    Just read an article about the price of the dock. $599 if you don't purchase at time of the phone!

This 'laptop dock' IMO, is DOA. The idea will not take hold. Who in their right mind would pay $500 for a dock for your phone when you can get a net book for $300-$500?

Twitter
    wwickedd
    I agree with you Martin, it's ridiculously priced IMO and won't sell many.

Android Enthusiast Martin030908's Avatar
    I don't understand where they got this price point from? It's ridiculous.

Way overpriced. The Atrix I'm sure will still be a stellar device... but it's clearly wasting 512mb RAM now! ($500 webtop OS?, meh I'll pass)

If this info is correct, there is simply no way to justify that cost. The highest spec netbook around would undercut that price by hundreds!!!

Makes the 250 for the TB look good.. well not really since the phone is only $200 and has the T2 chips and all that jazz.. but agree at this price the dock will never catch on.. Great idea.. fumbeled in the end.. Oh well. Maybe by the tiime it makes it to Verizon in Q4(latest rumor) they will see their mistake and come down on the pricing or Verizon won't attack it the same.. Only time will tell.. Of course we are a long way till it coming to V would be official and at this rate we will have cars running on Droids by q4..

I'd hope that Moto and ATT see the error of their plan before release. If not, they're gonna have a lot of boxes sitting on their shelves!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Ha! Somebody at AT&T has popped a synapse if they ever think this will sell. The phone, it will sell. The phone+dock, maybe a few. Just the dock... um, NO.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Where is the :icon_I'll_Pass: Icon

GB D1

Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    Makes the 250 for the TB look good.. well not really since the phone is only $200 and has the T2 chips and all that jazz.. but agree at this price the dock will never catch on.. Great idea.. fumbeled in the end.. Oh well. Maybe by the tiime it makes it to Verizon in Q4(latest rumor) they will see their mistake and come down on the pricing or Verizon won't attack it the same.. Only time will tell.. Of course we are a long way till it coming to V would be official and at this rate we will have cars running on Droids by q4..
    with the relationship Moto and VZW have cultivated, one would think that the price will drop significantly by the end of this year (especially if the VZW release is close to xmas). if not, i wouldn't be surprised if VZW just took a pass altogether, and sent it to Alltel (like the Merge).

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links