Google's paying $20,000 to hack Chrome -- any takers?

This is a discussion on Google's paying $20,000 to hack Chrome -- any takers? within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; So far, Chrome is the only browser of the big four -- Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer being the other three -- to escape the ...

Thread: Google's paying $20,000 to hack Chrome -- any takers?

Twitter
    wwickedd

Google's paying $20,000 to hack Chrome -- any takers?

So far, Chrome is the only browser of the big four -- Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer being the other three -- to escape the Pwn2Own hacking competition unscathed the past two years. (Sorry Opera aficionados, looks like there's not enough of you to merit a place in the contest... yet.) Evidently, its past success has Google confident enough to pony up a cool $20,000 and a CR-48 laptop to anyone able to find a bug in its code and execute a clean sandbox escape on day one of Pwn2Own 2011. Should that prove too daunting a task, contest organizer TippingPoint will match El Goog's $10,000 prize (still $20,000 total) for anyone who can exploit Chrome and exit the sandbox through non-Google code on days two and three of the event. For those interested in competing, Pwn2Own takes place March 9th through 11th in Vancouver at the CanSecWest conference. The gauntlet has been thrown -- your move, hackers.

ComputerWorld
    TippingPoint

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Shoot i'll take a shot at it. What do I do just hit the enter button a lot and press the function keys? How hard can it really be.....
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

I love this new push by companies (such as Microsoft with the handing Windows 7 phones to hackers instead of fighting them) to enlist the help of hackers because in reality, they have the talent!

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Google does it again - another great idea from a great company, now if others would follow suite -

This is awesome. I've heard of other security companies doing this too. Good luck to anyone who enters, I know I can't do anything hack-wise unless someone has at least unlocked the door for me and gave me directions on what to do.

Twitter
    droidforums
    $20k! wow, time to lock myself in a room for a couple of days and get to work! ah forgot, not much of a hacker

Hmm.I'll try.but I haven't hacked anything since my pc gaming days years ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links