Android tablets built into Indian buses

This is a discussion on Android tablets built into Indian buses within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Lookout dub rolling Escalades and high class airliner planes cause it looks like buses are going to be the new mode of transportation to have ...

Thread: Android tablets built into Indian buses

Twitter
    wwickedd

Android tablets built into Indian buses

Lookout dub rolling Escalades and high class airliner planes cause it looks like buses are going to be the new mode of transportation to have integrated screens in their headrests. And not just any screen, but an Android tablet screen! That’s right, buses in India are now sporting 7″ touch screens that run their own customized Android interface that allows users to login and do the normal things you would do on an Android tablet, such as view maps, watch video, listen to music, or log into your bank account (although I highly discourage the latter). What’s nice is that it’s a free service, and I’ll give you 1 guess how it’s all possible… by serving your advertising!
    Still, this is a nice addition to your morning commute should you use the bus, and as long as people don’t hack them out of the headrests or hack the system itself, I can see this as a great use of Android in the future for public transportation. Hit the jump to see some additional video footage of it in action.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Interesting idea. Another way to drive ad-revenue...

Also, next time I'm in India and I'm riding the bus, I'll remember that I need to check my bank account on the headrest. I'll make sure everybody turns their head while I enter my password.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links