Android Streaming Netflix Closer to Reality - Shown on Custom LG Revolution at MWC

This is a discussion on Android Streaming Netflix Closer to Reality - Shown on Custom LG Revolution at MWC within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Streaming Netflix on our Androids just got a step closer to becoming a reality. LG was showing it off in a working form on a ...

Thread: Android Streaming Netflix Closer to Reality - Shown on Custom LG Revolution at MWC

Android Streaming Netflix Closer to Reality - Shown on Custom LG Revolution at MWC

Streaming Netflix on our Androids just got a step closer to becoming a reality. LG was showing it off in a working form on a modified LG Revolution. This modified phone was using a custom Snapdragon processor that utilizes advanced DRM libraries at the hardware level to keep the movies from being easily pirated. That Qualcomm was able to come up with this solution is the good news. The bad news is that it simply won't work with any existing smartphone chip, including unmodified Snapdragon processors.

It's great that we are a step closer to Watch Instantly Netflix Movies on Android, but it's a shame that the paranoid movie execs are slowing the development to a snail's pace. I can understand their desire to protect their IP, but it just seems that the potential for them to make even more money in the long run would spur them to speed the development process along. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

D'Oh! I'm surprised someone hasn't gotten a hold of the app and ported it to our devices (unofficially of course). It's funny too, they nearly put blockbuster out of business, but Blockbuster is already streaming to Android (but correct me if I'm wrong. I know the DX and others came with the app, and I know you have to pay the $10/month for VCast to stream)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links