The Fuzzy Treatment: How You Too Can Abuse Your Domestic Partner For Only $50 a Year!

This is a discussion on The Fuzzy Treatment: How You Too Can Abuse Your Domestic Partner For Only $50 a Year! within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Good luck. I'm familiar with those lists -- taken me years to get back to where I'm comfortable eating egg salad after a sandwich nearly ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Fuzzy Treatment: How You Too Can Abuse Your Domestic Partner For Only $50 a Year!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Good luck. I'm familiar with those lists -- taken me years to get back to where I'm comfortable eating egg salad after a sandwich nearly killed me.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    verwon
    OMG! Awesome writing, fur and the humor is great.

And you made me really glad I don't bother with any type of SO!!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo

FBM the sad part you don't mention is that if your S.O. ...oh, wait, I mean if YOU have a dumbphone, then you have to rely on that old forgotten friend *Trust*.

On the up-side, I heard through the grapevine that Trust is actually a pretty decent substitute for secretly installing a spyware application on your s.o.'s phone.... and it's free too! That is, IF you "qualify". I do believe the phrase "terms and restrictions apply" comes to mind ...but I'm not sure how true all that is... the "grapevine," after all, was The View....

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Yeah, I left that part out. I figure it's a dying currency in a world where "if you think your spouse is cheating on you, they are" is the assumption most people have.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Yeah, I left that part out. I figure it's a dying currency in a world where "if you think your spouse is cheating on you, they are" is the assumption most people have.
    such an unfortunate, yet understandable, assumption to make... it does worry me greatly that a product like this has so widespread an appeal. people just don't trust people anymore... but that's mainly because so many people just aren't actually trustworthy anymore! :/

there's still a few people out there though that hold strong to their word and think before they speak .... i do my best to do both :D
    furbearingmammal and Mujibar like this.

A different point of view. Sometimes it's not about trust, sometimes it's about addiction.
    This thread contained the words "creepy garbage sneaky stalking" and even "terrifying"
    Here's what's terrifying, an honestly sick person. A sex addict.
    They, just like an alcoholic or a drug addict, they can't resist.
    Software like this protects a loving spouse, someone willing to stand by the addict, to hang in there, to wait for the recovery process.
    Protects? I was given a STD by my spouse of 20 years. That's how disclosure came about.
    I'm willing to stick it out, because I can monitor what's really going on.
    I don't have to wonder, try to see through the lies. Sex addicts, just like every other addict, hide and lie about their activities.
    The type of software protects.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinor View Post
    A different point of view. Sometimes it's not about trust, sometimes it's about addiction...
    Software like this protects a loving spouse, someone willing to stand by the addict, to hang in there, to wait for the recovery process.
    Protects? I was given a STD by my spouse of 20 years. That's how disclosure came about.
    I'm willing to stick it out, because I can monitor what's really going on....
    I am sorry for what happened to you. Between the emotional betrayal and the medical problems this infidelity has brought upon you the fact that you're choosing to stick with your spouse indicates a level of loyalty not often seen nowadays. Most people would tell their SO to hit the curb -- if not throwing them there personally. I respect your decision, especially considering there's no way "it only happened once" or "was thinking of you the whole time" can be used to mitigate even a small portion of the pain since you mentioned sexual addiction.

However, that in no way changes my opinion of this software or anything like it. If your SO is going to cheat again then it's going to happen regardless of this, or similar, software. It's amazing how easy it is to "forget" your phone at the office, or at home, or in the car. Not telling your spouse you installed the software is either illegal (unless you're the legal owner of the phone as listed by the phone company/reciept as proof of ownership) or proves you don't trust your SO. And if you don't trust your SO then the marriage is most likely on a 4-lane highway to Splitsville anyway.

Also, for the record, an addiction is still a matter of choice. The addict chose to start, chose to continue, and always has the choice to seek out help at any time. That an addict chooses to continue hurting themselves and/or others rather than seeking help for the addiction is always a tragic matter. And on the point you raised about waiting for the recovery process, you have to remember that recovery is a life-long affair. There is no "waiting" for it. Either your SO is desperately attempting to stop cheating on you and succeeding or your SO is banging anything that moves, just like before, and laughing at you. I've been there with a friend whose fiancée called himself a sex addict. His idea of recovery was to stop sleeping with more than one woman in the room at a time. Unless her husband was there.

As for the protection you mentioned -- unfortunately, it doesn't; it's software on a phone, not a condom. How does knowing your husband or wife's phone is at their best friend's house for a few hours on a Friday night stop them from being involved in a quick orgy? Or having a nooner in the break room every day since all the phone will show is they're at work? Unless they're getting dirty e-mails, pictures, or texts, or making the same, the information this software and all other programs like it provide is basically useless, at least for the purposes of catching a cheating spouse, unless they don't know it's on the phone and we've already discussed that.

The only people this software is truly useful for are control freaks, stalkers, and possibly people who steal information for a living. For people in your circumstance it is barely useful at best, except for the warm, fuzzy feeling you get; much like smoking light cigarettes as opposed to full-flavor in an attempt to quit. You're still smoking cigarettes. The problem is still there.

I wish you and your SO luck in getting over this. I respect your decision to stay in the marriage and your strength in trying to make it work. Your dedication in this matter is admirable.

Twitter
    singingsabre
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinor View Post
    A different point of view. Sometimes it's not about trust, sometimes it's about addiction.
    This thread contained the words "creepy garbage sneaky stalking" and even "terrifying"
    Here's what's terrifying, an honestly sick person. A sex addict.
    They, just like an alcoholic or a drug addict, they can't resist.
    I'm willing to stick it out, because I can monitor what's really going on.
    I don't have to wonder, try to see through the lies. Sex addicts, just like every other addict, hide and lie about their activities.
    The type of software protects.
    It's sad that you're justifying your spouse's cheating on you. If you two had a no-cheating rule laid out, that's it. Plain and simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links