Sprint Sticking with Unlimited Data Plans in New Video with Sprint CEO

This is a discussion on Sprint Sticking with Unlimited Data Plans in New Video with Sprint CEO within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; In a new video from Sprint, their CEO, Dan Hesse, reassures us that Sprint is dedicated to unlimited plans. In a time when everyone else ...

Thread: Sprint Sticking with Unlimited Data Plans in New Video with Sprint CEO

Sprint Sticking with Unlimited Data Plans in New Video with Sprint CEO

In a new video from Sprint, their CEO, Dan Hesse, reassures us that Sprint is dedicated to unlimited plans. In a time when everyone else is switching to tiered plans, capped downloads, or throttled speeds, Sprint believes in offering the customer more. This coupled with their recent announcement of a $125 credit to people that switch over to Sprint and port their number under a new smartphone contract, might have many people really re-considering switching to Sprint. What do you guys think? Are they marketing savvy or just desperate?

Source: SprintDroids via Phandroid

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm seriously trying to see the benefit over T-Mo according to this chart. Seems to hurt more than help if you ask me.

Sprint has lots more coverage than T-Mobile and has no throttling going on either !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

saaa--weet , Projected from my HPwebOS sprintified franken pre2 from another realm !! woo hoo take that sprint !!

Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post
    Sprint has lots more coverage than T-Mobile and has no throttling going on either !!

I like T-Mo's speeds though... My "3G" HD2 regularly pulls down 5mbps. My Sprint Pre rarely got over 1mbps lol.

And T-Mo's coverage has been great for me. When I drove up to PA from Florida, I only lost service once.

This commercial reminds me of the commercial few years back when Sprint rolled out unlimited talk/text/web plans. It won't make me move from Big Red as all my family has Verizion. Kudos to Sprint for doing this as I'm sure Tmob will soon follow which in turn could make the big boys think twice about tiered data pricing getting out of control.

What's a Bieber?

Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post

Again, ACCORDING TO THIS CHART, I'm trying to see the benefit here that they are trying to impress upon people. This isn't a map of coverage areas. It's a map of plans and pricing. I have T-Mo, live in central florida with fantastic coverage, and see nothing on the chart they are displaying above that would say to me why I should think of Sprint over T-Mo. That's the point I'm making. You want to promote coverage, use maps of the US, not a pricing chart.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links