Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

This is a discussion on Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges HTC Corporation is reportedly gearing up for the launch of a new, highly-appealing handset powered by Google's Android operating system, ...

Thread: Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

Twitter
    DroidNCState

HTC Corporation is reportedly gearing up for the launch of a new, highly-appealing handset powered by Google's Android operating system, one that just emerged into the wild under the name of HTC Shooter.

The handset has been spotted on the GLBenchmark website, where it performed a single test, it seems, with the model number PG86100 attached to it.

According to Blog of Mobile, The HTC Shooter might easily prove to be the one and the same device as the HTC EVO 3D, which should make an official appearance on the airwaves of Sprint.

No official confirmation on the existence of this device emerged for the time being but a series of rumored specifications on it are already available, including the fact that it might be based on Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread when hitting Sprint's network.

According to the news, the smartphone would pack:

• 540 x 960 qHD display, though the exact size of the screen is not known for the time being.

• Also include an Adreno 220 GPU, which is reportedly slated to be incorporated in a series of upcoming Qualcomm chipsets.

• Shooter is rumored to pack a 1.2GHz dual-core MSM8660 Snapdragon application processor inside

Now these specs sound awfully close to the rumored breakdown of the HTC Pyramid we caught a glimpse of yesterday, although the Pyramid is likely to be a GSM handset, tipped for a T-Mobile debut in the US. If Shooter really is the EVO 3D, all should be revealed next week at CTIA in Florida, where it is expected to launch alongside a version of the Samsung Nexus S suitable for Sprint.

By Ionut Arghire

Source: Softpedia

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    After hearing this how could one go the route of the Thunderbolt -

Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    After hearing this how could one go the route of the Thunderbolt -
    Isn't the Thunderbolt going to be a Verizon phone? This HTC Shooter looks like it'll be on Sprint.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Garrett View Post
    Isn't the Thunderbolt going to be a Verizon phone? This HTC Shooter looks like it'll be on Sprint.
    I didn't notice that...but still -

this is indeed interesting... because i'm considering ditching verizon for t-mobile... but then i found out that there's the likely possibility of a t-mobile-sprint merger / buyout so now i'm sorta stuck with no idea what to do...

thank goodness i love my droid enough to hold me over until they get it figured out! lol

Quote Originally Posted by vuarnet View Post
    this is indeed interesting... because i'm considering ditching verizon for t-mobile... but then i found out that there's the likely possibility of a t-mobile-sprint merger / buyout so now i'm sorta stuck with no idea what to do...

thank goodness i love my droid enough to hold me over until they get it figured out! lol
    It is quite possible that they will merge. That is also going to be your best bet by waiting atleast until Q2 to make any decision. I have Tmobile and enjoy their service. I hope regardless what they decide that we just keep getting great new phones.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links