Toshiba Honeycomb Tablet Hits Amazon, Gets Detailed Product Description

This is a discussion on Toshiba Honeycomb Tablet Hits Amazon, Gets Detailed Product Description within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Toshiba’s Android tablet – while officially acknowledged by the company – has been a bit of a ninja since it was teased earlier this year. ...

Thread: Toshiba Honeycomb Tablet Hits Amazon, Gets Detailed Product Description

Twitter
    wwickedd

Toshiba Honeycomb Tablet Hits Amazon, Gets Detailed Product Description

Toshiba’s Android tablet – while officially acknowledged by the company – has been a bit of a ninja since it was teased earlier this year. We hope to get an up-close and personal look of the thing at CTIA next week, but Amazon has gone ahead and published their product page for the device.

There’s no pricing or availability information yet, but a full product description accompanies a nice-sized suite of images. Highlights include its 10.1 inch display, NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 dual-core processor, a 5MP HD-capable rear camera with a 2MP front camera, a removable battery, USB 2.0 and mini-USB ports, SD card slot, an HDMI port, and more.

Continue reading @ phandroid

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thats a full-size HDMI port! Why the F would they do that??? It looks a whole lot thicker than the Xoom too. I think I'll stick with the WiFi Xoom and not wait for this...

well... i'm a bit surprised ... i wasn't expecting the specs to be as up-to-par as they seem to be. i guess the real litmus test will depend on the price point. if it's under or around $400, i'd say it's got a viable market. otherwise, it'll just be one more tablet in the middle of the pack.

Toshiba simply has no track record with android, so it's unreasonable to expect that they will be able to garner the same premiums for proven manufacturers such as Samsung and Motorola. Perhaps the full-size HDMI port is a hint at that. Toshiba (since they manufacture a LOT of TVs) would likely be able to get full-size HDMI ports easier and cheaper than mini-HDMI. to me, that says that this will be a price competitor.

I wasn't reading in to it that much... Goods observation and theory, it'd be nice if it were right. Only time will tell

I'd like a hands-on...I wasn't as impressed with the Xoom as I had expected to be. Toshiba can do bulk(Tecra), but also do small really well (Libretto), so I'm not as worried about quality. Plus I think most of these are fabbed at Foxconn et al anyway, so components should be similar to other tabs, imho.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links