SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; so is it ATT or is it Cingular ? lol either way i dont really care for either one and never have...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

so is it ATT or is it Cingular ? lol either way i dont really care for either one and never have

saaa--weet , Projected from my HPwebOS sprintified franken pre2 from another realm !! woo hoo take that sprint !!

great ... just when i was about to jump ship from verizon to t-mobile and THIS happens... they join forces with AT&T... crap.

at&t service is the *worst* in my area ...hopefully verizon will come out with a decent AND *open* phone sometime soon...? yeaaah not gonna hold my breath on that one

what do you mean open ??

saaa--weet , Projected from my HPwebOS sprintified franken pre2 from another realm !! woo hoo take that sprint !!

Ok I just found out some information. First, AT&T/Cingular whatever is owned by Cingular, they just use the name AT&T for some stupid reason or another. Second, whatever plan anybody is on will stay at whatever was agreed upon. That means for anybody wanting to switch you will always have a set contract;unless you let your contract expire. Also, for anybody wanting to switch if you have bad or no reception in your area for AT&T or Tmobile, but have good reception for the other then you will obviously have the best reception because they will own all the towers.

Here is some information for those interrested. T-Mobile Posts Question & Answer On AT&T Acquisition

ATT is just a name , and if you sign up for a new contract with t-mobile now your ok but after the merger if you sign a new contraqct you can bet that all the prices that att now uses will be adopted over to t-mobile customers lol yeah for ya'll !! cant wait to see sprint or the big V's move ?!?!

Will my rate plan change because of the acquisition?
    We will honor all contracted plans that are entered into before the change of ownership.

they dont tell you what will happen afterwards lol

Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post
    what do you mean open ??
    unlocked bootloader + OEM unlock (root) is ideal. anything close is tolerable.

locked and encrypted bootloaders and painful / impossible / meaningless root processes = the death of the ROM dev community.

openness is the lifeblood of android. open source inspires independent development and innovation. locking the phones down stifles this innovation at its source (no pun intended...lol). and the locking of bootloaders and lack of meaningful root access is not part of google's philosophy or that of the open source community at-large either... it's the carriers and the manufacturers (some manufacturers...not all, thankfully) trying to protect from losses, and understandably so as long as people are irresponsible with their devices and try to trick them into picking up the tab for their idiocy (trying to get a warranty replacement for a phone they rooted and screwed up).

which is practically why google has to flex their muslces once every couple years to get a "dev phone" out that is completely open (nexus one & nexus s) inevitably against the carriers' / manufacturers' wishes... they shouldn't have the flex anything... that should be the standard.

Lol I know what your saying, but they can not just change your rate plan. They have to wait until you are not under contract. Meaning after two years if you do not upgrade your phone then you are out of contract. If, they did break the contract then whoever wins the eminent lawsuit that would take place would become the new owner/CEO of AT&T.

my phone is the easiest to do that stuff with that i have found . my phone is hacked to the bone and works the way i like it lol .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links