SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; I am with you on rooted phone. I have HD2 running Windows and Android 2.2. I also have Vibrant running a custom ROM....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

I am with you on rooted phone. I have HD2 running Windows and Android 2.2. I also have Vibrant running a custom ROM.

im using the palm pre and just love the ui . when the newest pre3 comes out it will be rockin with the 1.4 processor . i cant wait lol but until then im content with what i got

saaa--weet , Projected from my HPwebOS sprintified franken pre2 from another realm !! woo hoo take that sprint !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Also, for anybody wanting to switch if you have bad or no reception in your area for AT&T or Tmobile, but have good reception for the other then you will obviously have the best reception because they will own all the towers.
    oooooooh yeeeeaah..... sometimes i forget to use my brain lol

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Basically what will happen is T-Mobile's name will stay like it is until about 6 months after passing FCC/SEC approvals. Then it will be absorbed into AT&T's name like Cingular Wireless was. All the DNS addresses, domains, and such will all remain in T-Mobile's name just like AT&T had to do with Cingular... many of our network domains are still @cingularwireless.com or CINGULAR1. T-Mobile's AWS bands will remain lit, as will their regular GSM freqs. T-Mobile's LTE bands they purchased will transfer to us, and as we build out network support for LTE we'll use both ours and their bands... It gives us MUCH more breathing room on LTE.

~From me... An AT&T employee.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Basically what will happen is T-Mobile's name will stay like it is until about 6 months after passing FCC/SEC approvals. Then it will be absorbed into AT&T's name like Cingular Wireless was. All the DNS addresses, domains, and such will all remain in T-Mobile's name just like AT&T had to do with Cingular... many of our network domains are still @cingularwireless.com or CINGULAR1. T-Mobile's AWS bands will remain lit, as will their regular GSM freqs. T-Mobile's LTE bands they purchased will transfer to us, and as we build out network support for LTE we'll use both ours and their bands... It gives us MUCH more breathing room on LTE.

~From me... An AT&T employee.
    that's reassuring... as long as i can get my hands on the nexus s or whatever google's next dev phone is come upgrade-time... i'll be happy

Android Jr Member discombobulated's Avatar
    AT&T was broken down into the "baby Bells" with Pacific Bell owning "Pac-Tel"... then sold Pac-Tel to Airtouch because AT&T thought the Wireless Industry was not going to blow up... Verizon then buys Airtouch..

Pacific Bell comes back into the Wireless Communicaions Industry picture - with the popular Nokias making them grow... Pacific Bell Wireless then changes its name to Cingular.

LA Cellular was bought out by AT&T entering the Wirelss Communications Industry.

Voice Stream gets bought out buy Deutche Telecom and rebrands it as T-Mobile.

AT&T then merges with Cingular and kept the AT&T name (because it is a global brand while Cingular was a domestic brand).

AT&T now buys T-Mobile...

I have T-Mobile because from my experience the rates and fees are cheaper and customer service was better than AT&T... I keep switching... first had La Cellular, then switched to cingular, then switched to T-Mobile... I'm getting tired of running from AT&T

Hopefully everything will get better...
    Last edited by discombobulated; 03-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Dorian likes this.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated View Post
    AT&T was broken down into the "baby Bells" with Pacific Bell owning "Pac-Tel"... then sold Pac-Tel to Airtouch because AT&T thought the Wireless Industry was not going to blow up... Verizon then buys Airtouch..

Pacific Bell comes back into the Wireless Communicaions Industry picture - with the popular Nokias making them grow... Pacific Bell Wireless then changes its name to Cingular.

LA Cellular was bought out by AT&T entering the Wirelss Communications Industry.

Voice Stream gets bought out buy Deutche Telecom and rebrands it as T-Mobile.

AT&T then merges with Cingular and kept the AT&T name (because it is a global brand while Cingular was a domestic brand).

AT&T now buys T-Mobile...

I have T-Mobile because from my experience the rates and fees are cheaper and customer service was better than AT&T... I keep switching... first had La Cellular, then switched to cingular, then switched to T-Mobile... I'm getting tired of running from AT&T

Hopefully everything will get better...
    Correct. The only reason all the domains and such remain the same from Cingular and will remain with T-Mobile is because the leases from ICANN are 12-14 year leases.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

it does not get any better any time soon lol believe that !!

saaa--weet , Projected from my HPwebOS sprintified franken pre2 from another realm !! woo hoo take that sprint !!

Quote Originally Posted by shadavis08 View Post
    it does not get any better any time soon lol believe that !!
    well i don't think this leave a whole lot of room for competitive landscape changes... if there's any more consolidation, SHERMAN [ ]will have something to say about it! lol

yeah i hear ya considering this will force sprint and verizon to do something quickly to up their spectrum holdings or subscriber numbers !! its gonna be a interesting to see what happens next !

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links