SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Which is the best reason I've heard yet for dumping a promising technology. Now if only Sprint would expand up here so I can get ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Which is the best reason I've heard yet for dumping a promising technology. Now if only Sprint would expand up here so I can get unlimited data at LTE speeds. :D
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

lol... Right? I agree they need some help. Think I will give them some ideas on ways to make it better for them and their customers. First, make phones that can be CDMA and/or GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    only reason the corporation has that much money was from ripping off their customers for years.
    it's not uncommon for corporations that are highly leveraged, such as those that are heavily reliant on technological infrastructure and multi-billion dollars capital expenditure checks, to hold huge amounts of cash reserves. the reason is that with increasing leverage (debt) that is required to finance the technological infrastructure, there is also increasing risk. so, in order to uphold a reasonable stock valuation, corporations must hold high levels of cash reserves to mitigate the risk of default.

also, the deal is not cash-only. it's a combination of cash-and-stock financed deal, underwritten (insured, sort of) no doubt by an investment bank when the deal gets past the impending antitrust investigation.

from The Economist: Market power: Not an easy call | The Economist
    from BusinessWeek: Fitch to review AT&T ratings on T-Mobile deal - BusinessWeek

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    It's called a World Phone; the D2G is one. But most people are never going to use it as a world phone so the impetus is just not there to make more of them.

However, there IS a technology that makes it a lot easier (I'll dig up a link or two if you're interested. There's a specific chip that one of the big companies makes that's already set up to process CDMA and GSM signals) -- the problem is that manufacturers are still kissing the carriers' behinds about locking the phones down, at least in this country. In Europe the battlefield is totally different since almost everyone is GSM.

I realize that. I know they are getting 25 billion and the rest will come in shares of stock of AT&T that Tmobile will own 8 percent of the shares, giving them the largest number of shares owned by anyone owning shares in AT&T.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Big union loving for AT&T's T-Mobile plan ? The Register

A lot at risk. $3,000,000,000 in cash, apparently, to be paid out if it doesn't go through.

Yeah sweet, send me that information when you find it. Either post here or PM me.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Sure thing. I like this particular report, though, on the "4g" speed test. :D

Verizon's 4G Blows Other Carriers Away - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Yeah sweet, send me that information when you find it. Either post here or PM me.
    Qualcomm Products and Services - Gobi

You have to remember the simple fact of the matter is this... If you can't beat 'em join 'em. And in this case buy them. Look face facts, Tmobile has the fastest network out there, AT&T likes being second to know one so, buy the faster company. No offense to any AT&T employee but, only reason the corporation has that much money was from ripping off their customers for years. I also want to state that this tactic had no way, shape or form reflects the mass majority of AT&T employees. I will give an example of their rip off... Two years ago my significant others son went on a trip from Washington state to Wyoming, accessed the Web for a place to eat along the way while they were in Northern Utah... Came back home a week later, at the next bill cycle the bill was SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! That's $6,000.00 for the data charge. Called into AT&T and guess what? They got stuck for the data charge and was given the BS excuse it was from roaming. FYI, he was on the Unlimited Data Plan. So, yes I can understand why they have 39 billion laying around. I know I will get a lot of responses for this. But, once again people like Dorian are not responsible for this. It was corporates decision.
    I disagree with everything your saying. I work with best buy mobile meaning we sell all three Verizon, ATT, and tmobile. I have ATT but from working with all three I experienced them and and been able to compare them perfectly, Verizon being the fastest the ATT and after came tmobile and because Verizon has LTE which ATT is now on and because there buying out tmobile they will have it too. The billing situation well must of been when ATT was Cingular cause ATT is awesome in that part. I pay $70 dollars for unlimited everything every month and I traveled a lot this winter cause I snow board and nothing changed.
    ps they didn't make there money from ripping ppl off they made there money with there smart phone sells and data sells due to the iphone. 60% of ATT customers have a smart phone which all require a data plan and iPhone being 25% of that and because ATT is the biggest network well due the math more margin coming in to spend.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net App

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links