SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Originally Posted by crxlex I disagree with everything your saying. I work with best buy mobile meaning we sell all three Verizon, ATT, and tmobile. ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

Quote Originally Posted by crxlex View Post
    I disagree with everything your saying. I work with best buy mobile meaning we sell all three Verizon, ATT, and tmobile. I have ATT but from working with all three I experienced them and and been able to compare them perfectly, Verizon being the fastest the ATT and after came tmobile and because Verizon has LTE which ATT is now on and because there buying out tmobile they will have it too. The billing situation well must of been when ATT was Cingular cause ATT is awesome in that part. I pay $70 dollars for unlimited everything every month and I traveled a lot this winter cause I snow board and nothing changed.
    ps they didn't make there money from ripping ppl off they made there money with there smart phone sells and data sells due to the iphone. 60% of ATT customers have a smart phone which all require a data plan and iPhone being 25% of that and because ATT is the biggest network well due the math more margin coming in to spend.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net App
    Ok I understand your point. Btw, my house actually has a phone with all four carriers. We have the evo, droid 1, a vibrant, g2, an iphone4, and someone just bought the Atrix. I know which ones are capable of what and which ones work for any application. Check out PC WORLD first, 4G Wireless Speed Tests: Which Is Really the Fastest? - PCWorld as far as speed tests go.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Ok I understand your point. Btw, my house actually has a phone with all four carriers. We have the evo, droid 1, a vibrant, g2, an iphone4, and someone just bought the Atrix. I know which ones are capable of what and which ones work for any application. Check out PC WORLD first, 4G Wireless Speed Tests: Which Is Really the Fastest? - PCWorld as far as speed tests go.
    Average out there download and upload speeds like I said Verizon being first then at&t then tmobile. We have them all set up in our store right next to each other and we have reps from all companies come in all the time telling us all there speeds and average speeds and where its better and all of that. Plus that was all done in just 13 cities and not knowing which cities those were doesn't make any justice.

Last edited by crxlex; 03-24-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Hey, Dorian, is it time to brag about how cool your job is and what you do?
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Do it so I can say my position as well and who I work with.

[QUOTE=crxlex;85611]Average out there download and upload speeds like I said Verizon being first then at&t then tmobile. We have them all set up in our store right next to each other and we have reps from all companies come in all the time telling us all there speeds and average speeds and where its better and all of that. Plus that was all done in just 13 cities and not knowing which cities those were doesn't make any difference.

Ok and your point is? Look I can walk into any store in any city and take all four carriers, and end up with different upload and download speeds. If thee store is blocking certain signals then obviously one will be faster than another. The only thing VZW has going for it was the speeds of their LTE stick that plugs into a laptop. Btw, this is their coverage map for their 4G. Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Hey, Dorian, is it time to brag about how cool your job is and what you do?
    ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by crxlex View Post
    Exactly what I said. Some of there towers, I'm not saying all. Which most are in south Florida where I live so when they do decide to launch there LTE ill be happy because at&t's line up for LTE phones is sick!!!! And for everybody on here bashing on ATT need to stop the jealousy and also need to stop talking down on any network or anybody, not talking about anybody imparticular. I choice my carrier because I work with all 3 major carriers and know which is the best one so yes I know what LTE (long term evolution) wimax (worldwide interoperability for microwave access) HSDPA+ (high speed packet access plus) FDMA (frequency division multiple access) CDMA (code division multiple access) TDMA (time division multiple access) GSM (global system for mobile communications) IDEN (integrated digital enhanced network) its what I do ill tell you all the frequencies and speeds also I'm required to do training every couple months and informed of a lot before being luanched. LTE being the closest to any 4G speeds they have in Europe so yes I like ATT and they deserve there credit so does Verizon.
    Eh, I don't believe so. If they were, believe me, I'd know. I'm a Lvl5 RAN Engineer for AT&T. We have equipment contracts in place with LG-Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent , and Nokia-Siemens for 4G equipment, but I can count how many locations we have them deployed in on my fingers and toes. And actually... Europe hasn't even sold spectrum to even deploy any kind of official 4G network. The sale of spectrum in Europe is supposed to happen sometime soon.

So that's one way we can claim superiority over the Europeans... for the mean time. We have 4G and they don't.. BWAAHAHA!
    SLAG IT! likes this.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by vuarnet View Post
    great ... just when i was about to jump ship from verizon to t-mobile and THIS happens... they join forces with AT&T... crap.

at&t service is the *worst* in my area ...hopefully verizon will come out with a decent AND *open* phone sometime soon...? yeaaah not gonna hold my breath on that one
    Well if you were going to go to tmobile your straight cause at&t is taking over tmobile towers so if tmobile was good in your area then at&t when they make all there changes which should take about a year will also be good in your area.

Sweet job Dorian! Yeah Europe is a little behind us. In part to the fact that they have far less competition there. I am Tmobile myself,@ crxlex. I do not really care what happens so long as my plan stays the same. It is super slick and blows people's minds when I tell them my Web fee is only $1.99 a month!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Sweet job Dorian! Yeah Europe is a little behind us. In part to the fact that they have far less competition there. I am Tmobile myself,@ crxlex. I do not really care what happens so long as my plan stays the same. It is super slick and blows people's minds when I tell them my Web fee is only $1.99 a month!
    Thanks! And you're 100% correct. $1.99 IS mindblowing.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian your an installer. I swear you engineers think you know it all. Now because best buy mobile is the biggest retailer of phones right now I have the pleasure of working along side tom siracusa executive director of at&t labs, Andrew Herbert executive director of at&t mobility, Robert tucker president of innovations etc etc now those are just some of the at&t guys not mentioning any of the others from other carriers. Now to the point. when TeliaSonera lunched the worlds first commercial network, in the central parts of Stockholm Sweden. Yes that would be Europe for you. And Oslo Norway they had normal download speeds between 20mbps and 80mbps. Which at the time of this launch US was doing 5mbps and 12mbps.Now the difference in capacity was due to the fact that Verizon at the time had 10mhz of radio spectrum each for the uplink and the downing, and taliaSonera had 20mhz for each channel now to not make this long.Europe has well evolved from that now. They were much more advanced when it comes to speeds here in the US. Now these were taken in laboratory conditions. this is in a dense European city with ideal conditions. Now translating that to the average US city with much taller buildings, greater spaces between cell towers, lower population density etc. I'm willing to bet that 40mbs becomes closer to WiMAX's 10mbs. So in your words go bwaaahhhaaaha some where else.

Last edited by crxlex; 03-24-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links