SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

This is a discussion on SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; Originally Posted by crxlex Dorian your an installer. I swear you engineers think you know it all. Now because best buy mobile is the biggest ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHOCKER--ATT to buy TMobile

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by crxlex View Post
    Dorian your an installer. I swear you engineers think you know it all. Now because best buy mobile is the biggest retailer of phones right now I have the pleasure of working along side tom siracusa executive director of at&t labs, Andrew Herbert executive director of at&t mobility, Robert tucker president of innovations etc etc now those are just some of the at&t guys not mentioning any of the others from other carriers. Now to the point. when TeliaSonera lunched the worlds first commercial network, in the central parts of Stockholm Sweden. Yes that would be Europe for you. And Oslo Norway they had normal download speeds between 20mbps and 80mbps. Which at the time of this launch US was doing 5mbps and 12mbps.Now the difference in capacity was due to the fact that Verizon at the time had 10mhz of radio spectrum each for the uplink and the downing, and taliaSonera had 20mhz for each channel now to not make this long.Europe has well evolved from that now. They were much more advanced when it comes to speeds here in the US. Now these were taken in laboratory conditions. this is in a dense European city with ideal conditions. Now translating that to the average US city with much taller buildings, greater spaces between cell towers, lower population density etc. I'm willing to bet that 40mbs becomes closer to WiMAX's 10mbs. So in your words go bwaaahhhaaaha some where else.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net App
    Well, I'm not going to argue about it. :rolleyes:

I do want to hear about the VZW having 10MHz for both Tx and Rx and how that applies to 5-12Mbps. Maybe it's your wording but I'm just not following along.

EDIT: BTW, take a chill pill. Nobody's angry in this thread, except that you sound mildly irritated for reasons unknown.

EDIT2: http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2011...uk-auction.htm
    Last edited by Dorian; 03-24-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Exactly. I would like to know where this information is. Last I knew VZW only had "4G" in maybe 25 cities. You sure your not confusing their mobile hotspot speeds? Oh and another question crxlex. Can you explain why when I went into a BB store and I took the I-Pad2, Moto Xoom, and my Htc HD 2 (that is Windows 6.5 running Android 2.3.3) and went onto YouTube with the stores WiFi, did both the I-Pad2 AND the Xoom both lock on the video I was trying to access and my phone had no problems with rendering the video and was done before either Tablet came back with an error message? Btw, the video was 5 minutes and 48 seconds. Aweful long time to wait.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links