The Truth Dawns - AT&T Wants T-Mobile for its Spectrum Coverage

This is a discussion on The Truth Dawns - AT&T Wants T-Mobile for its Spectrum Coverage within the Android News forums, part of the Android.net category; The truth dawns and the light bulb has come on regarding the biggest reason for AT&T to buy-out T-Mobile. Although, gaining a large amount of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By furbearingmammal
  • 1 Post By Dorian

Thread: The Truth Dawns - AT&T Wants T-Mobile for its Spectrum Coverage

The Truth Dawns - AT&T Wants T-Mobile for its Spectrum Coverage

The truth dawns and the light bulb has come on regarding the biggest reason for AT&T to buy-out T-Mobile. Although, gaining a large amount of subscribers and massively increasing in size is obviously a smart business strategy, AT&T's primary impetus for taking control of T-Mobile is really just their Spectrum Holdings and their network.

The AT&T slide you see above and further reports suggest that AT&T is more excited about getting hold of T-Mobile's 1700 MHz "AWS" bands and network infrastructure, than anything else. This would immediately give AT&T a massive coverage advantage, and the potential to roll-out multiple versions of 4G across the nation very quickly. This would offer a huge strategic advantage for "Old Ma-bell" over their biggest rival, Verizon. Crafty aren't they?

Source: AndroidCentral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I actually am glad AT&T is doing this... because it's most probably going to put AT&T at the top, which is going to push VZW to better their system and network (and devices!!), but they know they won't be able to do this by raising prices because people would leave for a bigger and better AT&T, which will make things interesting.

F this. At&t is bad for Android. And what is bad for Android, is not good for me. I'm a T-mobile costumer, and they are an open network. No paying for data use, no messing with Androids original hardware, and what about my G2X (LG optimus 2x)? This will be a bad idea from where I'm sitting. They said that they would make all T-mobile 3g handset obsolete. That means the N1 is out, and The N's is out. Will the G2x even get here? I think I'm jumping ship to Verizon. I'm my opinion, Verizon is the only other real option other than T-mobile. Unless by some amazing chance that AT&T changes their ways to be more like T-mobile, I'm not going to ray around. Is this all official yet?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well let me remind everyone here... AT&T AAAANNNNDDDD VERIZON both are from "Old Ma Bell". Do you really think they are in competition or are they in it together?
    AT&T was broken down into the "baby Bells" with Pacific Bell owning "Pac-Tel"... then sold Pac-Tel to Airtouch because AT&T thought the Wireless Industry was not going to blow up... Verizon then buys Airtouch..

Pacific Bell comes back into the Wireless Communicaions Industry picture - with the popular Nokias making them grow... Pacific Bell Wireless then changes its name to Cingular.

LA Cellular was bought out by AT&T entering the Wirelss Communications Industry.

Voice Stream gets bought out buy Deutche Telecom and rebrands it as T-Mobile.

AT&T then merges with Cingular and kept the AT&T name (because it is a global brand while Cingular was a domestic brand).

AT&T now buys T-Mobile...

I have T-Mobile because from my experience the rates and fees are cheaper and customer service was better than AT&T... I keep switching... first had La Cellular, then switched to cingular, then switched to T-Mobile... I'm getting tired of running from AT&T

Hopefully everything will get better...
    Posted in shocker--AT&T to buy Tmobile thread here on Android.net by discombobulated.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Tis what the whole purchase is about... we care nothing of anything else but the spectrum licences they hold.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    So what AT&T is saying is that it's cheaper for them to snatch up an existing infrastructure with an existing, compatible, 3.5G data network than it is for them to build their own. They admit, thereby, that they suck.

Couple this with their recent attack on tetherers and they are officially douchebag carrier of the year.
    Dorian likes this.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    alostpacket
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Well let me remind everyone here... AT&T AAAANNNNDDDD VERIZON both are from "Old Ma Bell". Do you really think they are in competition or are they in it together?
    AT&T was broken down into the "baby Bells" with Pacific Bell owning "Pac-Tel"... then sold Pac-Tel to Airtouch because AT&T thought the Wireless Industry was not going to blow up... Verizon then buys Airtouch..
    Yep also verizon has Baby Bell roots even before that. They come from NYNEX and Bell Atlantic.

ATT has recombined into 2 companies, and if VZ were to buy Sprint (doesnt seem all that far fetched to me) they would be the only two left.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    So what AT&T is saying is that it's cheaper for them to snatch up an existing infrastructure with an existing, compatible, 3.5G data network than it is for them to build their own. They admit, thereby, that they suck.

Couple this with their recent attack on tetherers and they are officially douchebag carrier of the year.
    See, I liked that, and I work for them.
    furbearingmammal likes this.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links