T-Mobileís Bobsled Is A Free, Facebook-Based, VoIP App
In a slightly puzzling move, T-Mobile has released a Facebook app that enables friend-to-friend voice chat. Itís called Bobsled (or more properly, Bobsled by T-Mobile
, as it will remind you at every step in the process), and it addresses the 88% (according to their study) of Facebook users who want voice chat built into the site. Being one of the other 12%, I canít say with certainty whether this app is what people were thinking of, but at the very least it looks well integrated.
Once you install the app (at the dynamically-named letsbobsled.com
), a little phone will appear by online friendsí screen names (those who have the app installed, anyhow), and after that itís just one click away, with confirmation on the other side of course. Itís powered by Vivox
Continue reading @ MobileCrunch
04-19-2011 04:22 PM